Howdy from northern Vermont

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warren

Reaction score
Am new to ML and have a TC Bone collector with a Leupold Ml scope - and a "Knight Vision" ml that I bought on a whim - just about the time the company went out of business. I am just shooting the TC gun and don't have it sighted in yet.

I'm shooting BH 209 and am still looking for the right bullets and powder charge. I'm trying some Barnes MZ expanders using the sabots they come with right now, and so far they look pretty good at 50 yds at the the bench from a good rest. But am open to suggestions for other good bullets.

You folks have a great forum here - thank you.

It's great to have you here. I really do not know the quirks of your rifle, but it sounds like a great one. Some other bullets to try might be the Nosler Partition, Shockwaves, and Speer Deep Curl in bulk with some harvester EZ load sabots in bulk.

Keep us posted. I am sure there will be others that know exactly what your rifle likes.

The TC Triumph's really like the 260gr Harvester Scorpion PT's, crushed rib sabot with 105gr BH209 ignited by a CCI209M primer. Just keep the carbon build up cleaned out with a 1/8th drill bit in the breech plug flash channel.

Thanks for the replys and suggestions guys.

smyers717 said:
The TC Triumph's really like the 260gr Harvester Scorpion PT's, crushed rib sabot with 105gr BH209 ignited by a CCI209M primer. Just keep the carbon build up cleaned out with a 1/8th drill bit in the breech plug flash channel.

Actually -I've already discovered that the flash channel on my gun is considerably smaller than 1/8". I have a 1/16" drill bit that is too big - so I bought a welders tip cleaner set and one of the smaller files does the job - thank you.

sorry another dupe post.

sorry for the dupe posts.

I think you may be confusing the flash channel with the flash hole. The flash hole can be cleaned with the welder torch cleaner. The flash channel is right where you put the primer. That end needs cleaned with a 1/8th bit. It is the correct size for the TC plugs. If you have shot it a lot it is full of carbon and may take some effort to spin the bit to get all the carbon out.

If you keep the flash channel clean you will have reliable ignition and better accuracy. I clean mine after every range session.

Thanks again

For all the good - useful info guys. You have certainly made me feel welcome.

Man - there is so much great info here - I have been spending way too much time on this site and neglecting my home & yard duties - can you imagine that?

This is exactly the web site I have been searching for.

Thanks again

Man - there is so much great info here - I have been spending way too much time on this site and neglecting my home & yard duties - can you imagine that?

Thanks again

Latest posts

Back