Howdy!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadLizard

Reaction score
Very new to muzzleloading, but soaking up as much as I can. Just got tracking info on new muzzleloader, should be here in the next 3-days!

:D

Welcome to the forum :!: :!: Be advised my friend that there are a lot of people here that are willing to share their there knowledge with you so ask your questions but keep in mind it's only thats persons opinion. Ask a lot of questions and then draw your own conclusions. Try out different powders, bullets and primers and then use what works for you.

Good luck,
Ray.......... :wink:

Thanks for the great welcome! Great advise Hawgslayer. I've found some great sites like a page full of articles by Randy Wakeman, Randy Smith & Chuck Hawks (http://www.chuckhawks.com/index2h.muzzleloader.htm) that has been helpful. I've read a TON of posts here too. I've decided to start out with BH 209 (with CCI 209M primers) with Triple Seven loose as a backup.

JStanley - I have a T/C Pro Hunter XT on the way. All my other rifles (2...) are black synthetic stocks and stainless barrels so I got the camo stock just to change things up some. I hand-wrung over Stainless vs. Weathershield for several days, read extensively about pros/cons, and finally decided on the weathershield. I've always taken super care with my firearms and figure T/C wouldn't stake their reputation behind something that wouldn't hold up given proper care. These are HARD to find in East Texas! Finally ordered from Bud's Gun Shop and figured out last night it is due in on Monday. I've got a Leupold Ultimate Slam with Warne mounts ready for it when I finally get it here.

I've got a trip to the range set up for next Friday to start testing loads. Looking at starting with 90 grains of BH 209 with 250 gr Shock Wave bullets and superglide sabots. Have mag express sabots as a backup.

RoadLizard said:
JStanley - I have a T/C Pro Hunter XT on the way. All my other rifles (2...) are black synthetic stocks and stainless barrels so I got the camo stock just to change things up some. I hand-wrung over Stainless vs. Weathershield for several days, read extensively about pros/cons, and finally decided on the weathershield. I've always taken super care with my firearms and figure T/C wouldn't stake their reputation behind something that wouldn't hold up given proper care. These are HARD to find in East Texas! Finally ordered from Bud's Gun Shop and figured out last night it is due in on Monday. I've got a Leupold Ultimate Slam with Warne mounts ready for it when I finally get it here.

I've got a trip to the range set up for next Friday to start testing loads. Looking at starting with 90 grains of BH 209 with 250 gr Shock Wave bullets and superglide sabots. Have mag express sabots as a backup.

Sounds great, I'm sure you will love that setup. Looking forward to your range reports.

Be blessed.

Latest posts

Back