I Love Handis (pic added)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

Reaction score
In spite of the fact that I promised myself that's I'd quit buying cartridge firearms, I backslid yesterday.

I put a deposit on a NEF Handi Rifle in .30-30 with the camo laminated straight stock and a 3.-10X40 Whitetail Classic Simmons scope for $225.00.

what will you be hunting with ur new rifle ?????

The NEF Handi Rifle, manufactured by Harrington and Richardson is definitely worth a look. If you are looking for big bore knockdown power at an affordable price, this might be the survival rifle for you. Harrington and Richardson was acquired by Marlin in 2000, and then in 2007, Marlin was acquired by Remington.

I loved my old Contenders with a 30-30 barrels.

IMO single shot 30-30s have a bigger advantage if you reload. More bullet options vs a lever gun and you dont have to full length resize the fired brass if it was fired in the same gun.

I seldom ever get a fast follow up shot so single shots are just fine with me unless the hunter may become the hunted. ;)

Keep us posted on your results. Im very curious how well it will shoot. Comparing some factory ammo to some reloads would be very interesting to me.

black powder said:
what will you be hunting with ur new rifle ?????

The NEF Handi Rifle, manufactured by Harrington and Richardson is definitely worth a look. If you are looking for big bore knockdown power at an affordable price, this might be the survival rifle for you. Harrington and Richardson was acquired by Marlin in 2000, and then in 2007, Marlin was acquired by Remington.

I'll mostly be deer hunting. I also have a .45-70 Handi.

aint cha herd that the 30-30 aint nothin but a deer crip'ler? The experts write that all the time! :lol:

frontier gander said:
aint cha herd that the 30-30 aint nothin but a deer crip'ler? The experts write that all the time! :lol:

inside of 100 yds. the 30-30 is ok for deer ..not my favorite cal. for deer but if the hunter goes to the range and does his homework he should be ok . if a hunter takes it out of the gun rack once a year and goes deer hunting it will be useless ..but that goes for any rifle or muzzleloader PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT ...

http://www.hornady.com/store/30-30-Win- ... evolution/

I bought the landowner of one farm I hunt a box of the Hornady 30-30 flex tip ammo last year. He shot a big 8 pointer and they worked great. I asked him why a 30-30 and his answer was......It gets the job done!

Here's a pic

100_2663.jpg

That is a nice looking little rifle. I used to own a Winchester 94 30-30 and that thing was very accurate. It also stopped deer just fine in the hardwoods where shots were under 100 yards.

A rifle that really caught my eye is the Marlin lever action 45/70 with the big loop lever. I have no need for a 45/70 but I always liked that Marlin lever action model. I hope I do not see one of them in a gun shop... :roll:

The break action NEF muzzleloaders aren't too bad and I own one. The CVAs, Knights, and TCs are the ugliest things I ever saw.

Swampman said:
The break action NEF muzzleloaders aren't too bad and I own one. The CVAs, Knights, and TCs are the ugliest things I ever saw.

MDM used to offer a similar design but sadly i dont see them making anymore for awhile. I would actually love to have one of the TH Quickshooters.

Latest posts

Back