I mixed powders on accident.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half-Cocked

Reaction score
Long story short, I had some H4895 in a scale (about 18 grains) that got mixed into a couple ounces of lil gun. Think it's still safe to use? I think ill be ok just need confirmation. Alternatively I could chuck the powder or pull out the H4895 rods out with tweezers.

Long story short, I had some H4895 in a scale (about 18 grains) that got mixed into a couple ounces of lil gun. Think it's still safe to use? I think ill be ok just need confirmation. Alternatively I could chuck the powder or pull out the H4895 rods out with tweezers.
I would discard; It’s not worth the risk. How much do new fingers cost?
“When in doubt don’t “ is the old adage I use.

Dump it powder is expensive but not nearly as much as ER and therapy

Throw it into the next dumpster fire you see.
Dumpster Fire GIF

h4895 is 119 on burn rate lil gun is 85 which is some faster 18 grains in 2 ounces or about 875 grains .I don't see a problem but that is just me I guess

Sometimes I’m so damn cheap. I’ve got 10 pounds of little gun yet. I still want to save this two ounces.

I’m going to use the tweezer method. H4895 is a rod, the little gun is spherical. After it separated, I may or may not use it. Lol fun project for those cold Michigan days.

Latest posts

Back