I took the plunge

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethang

Reaction score
Picked up the new Savage today. I have been pouring over everything I can read on this and wish I had bought it before the Encore. I won't have a chance to shoot it this season as I will have to budget for mounts, rings, powder etc as I spent a ton trying to get the T/C to shoot. The Encore has a few more range trips to prove itself worthy of staying in my gun safe or I will trade the ML barrel for a 204 or 223.
I will be looking for a better stock. I might try the Lock Stock and Barrel composite and do a nice camo paint job. I was hoping the Encore would become my primary hunting rifle but I'm now thinking not. :roll:

Ethan

You'll be more than happy with the Savage. :yeah:

Ethang said:
Picked up the new Savage today. I have been pouring over everything I can read on this and wish I had bought it before the Encore. I won't have a chance to shoot it this season as I will have to budget for mounts, rings, powder etc as I spent a ton trying to get the T/C to shoot. The Encore has a few more range trips to prove itself worthy of staying in my gun safe or I will trade the ML barrel for a 204 or 223.
I will be looking for a better stock. I might try the Lock Stock and Barrel composite and do a nice camo paint job. I was hoping the Encore would become my primary hunting rifle but I'm now thinking not. :roll:

Ethan

Don't want to be to pessimistic here but my 308 barrel did not shoot any better than the ML barrel on my Encore.

I am just not going to waste a lot of time with oversize pins etc. trying to make a gun shoot.

Kind of defeats the purpose of interchangeable barrels when you have POI shift everytime you remove the pivot pin and reinstall.

Ethan,by the time you buy diffrent barrels,mounts scopes,ect. you still have about as much tied up in it as another gun. I don't really understand the POI shift,by taking the barrel off,and on though? I've shot T/C Contenders for years,and never had that happen to me.All my barrels for it are scoped,and I can change from one to another and never have to re-zero them. Maybe I'm missing something with the Encore? I've never shot one. Ron

Ron S said:
Ethan,by the time you buy diffrent barrels,mounts scopes,ect. you still have about as much tied up in it as another gun. I don't really understand the POI shift,by taking the barrel off,and on though? I've shot T/C Contenders for years,and never had that happen to me.All my barrels for it are scoped,and I can change from one to another and never have to re-zero them. Maybe I'm missing something with the Encore? I've never shot one. Ron

Some of these guns have had trouble with the pivot pin fit some don't.

Glad that yours works properly.

If the CF Encore barrel won't shoot I will just sell the whole thing. That will be the last of the money I expend on it. Then I will have more money to spend on the 10ML :D

Back