I Tried Twice

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, I'm old and grumpy also. Actually I think a fair number of us in this thread fits the bill. My only difference is that once I own something it's the end of the line for that item ever finding another owner.. Rods, reels, lures, guns whatever, I can't part with it. Why I have guns that I haven't shot. I'm just a horder at heart. And I'm OK with that.

You get cranky when you get old. Sometimes I look at myself and say. "What a crank you are."

As for the gun. I'll be happy with the Accura PR. I now know it's my only option. Traditional muzzleloaders and crossbows won't work anymore. The CVA is on the truck for delivery today. I'm sure this year is finally the year I hunt with an inline.
I meant to ask you, what made you choose the PR instead if the MR? I bought the PR for the longer barrel at the time. Now I'm thinking about selling my LR to get the new MR-X .45 for the shorter barrel.

I meant to ask you, what made you choose the PR instead if the MR? I bought the PR for the longer barrel at the time. Now I'm thinking about selling my LR to get the new MR-X .45 for the shorter barrel.

Muzzle-Loaders didn't have an MR in stock. It's what I wanted. I kind of wish I had waited for them to get a MR. I didn't think adding 3" to the barrel would add much weigh to the gun and the longer barrel would help steady the u for offhand shots. Not the case. This gun is heavy and it's the barrel. Did they make the barrel thicker along with longer? It sure has a barrel heavy gun now. With the scope I bet it's at least 8.5 lbs. If I closed my eyes and shouldered it i'd guess it was a traditional gun. No complaint. Just an observation. It does hold steady for offhand shooting and the weight will help recoil. It's just not what I expected.

MR is 6.35 lbs. I'll weigh my gun when I get a chance. I have a friend who runs the shipping store here in my small town. So, it will be an accurate postal scale. Scope is supposed to be 13oz. What do you guys think the Durasight scope mount weighs? Anybody weigh one? I know it's heavy compared to a DNZ. I could save a little weight by switching to the scope mount. Not sure it's worth the bother and money.

CVA lists the PR at 7.2lbs. One thing ive noticed on M-Ls DOT com. NEVER assume the weight they have listed is correct.
Yer right. That is where i got that info. I should have check CVA. Although they may be off a bit too. Only way to know for sure is im going to HAVE TO buy the MR-X and weigh it. :2cool: save everyone else the trouble right? Im sure my wife will understand.

MR-X is 6.7 lbs according to Muzzle-Loaders. So, it's heavier than the MR.

Yes, and everybody seems to forget that when it comes to me. It's easy to rag on the old man because he makes the mistake of thinking out loud about what he's doing or not doing. It appears to be a crime to change my mind. You all probably do the same thing but it's done in your mind and not expressed on a forum.

That won't happen again from me on this forum.

I for one would never rag on you Muley I’ve enjoyed and benefited from your posts on this forum and others. Don’t stop now your experiences give many of us information we wanted but never asked. Keep up the good fight Muley.

I'm getting tired of crappy quality control. Other than being too heavy. The breech plug unscrews half way out and locks up. Nothing I tried would get it out and I barely got it screwed back in. It's packed up and going back Monday.

Maybe i'll buy a Knight and wait 5 weeks. :(

Back