Idaho vacation anyone?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Are you retired or have three weeks+ vacation time?

Have a self contained trailer or tent for camping by a trout stream? (on my ranch)

Have an ATV?

Able to do light work totaling under twenty hours? (low pay but great perks). There is more work if you want it.

If here during spring bear season you are welcome to use our bear bait site and treestand. Been in same location for many years and always productive. References to interested parties only.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Trout fishing in stream, lakes and river. Old mines and ghost towns to explore. Lots to see and do.

I have always helped our vets and WW's so if there are no takers from this site and you know someone who may be interested just let me know.

With my physical limitations I could use a little help repairing winter fence damage do to elk. Mostly stapling wires back up and maybe replacing a few fence posts.

John

$ 154.75 Hunting License- NON RESIDENT Adult

$186.00 Black Bear NON RESIDENT TAG ADULT

:thumbs up:

What a generous and fantastic opportunity, John!
If I was back on my feet, I would jump at the chance. But, still many weeks of physical therapy before I could be out hiking around and hunting.
I've been around much of Idaho on my motorcycle, but it's no where near to the experience of exploring and hunting.
Ron

I went to check on damaged fence a few days back, first time there this year. Had to walk around hillside almost 200 yards as cannot get ATV close to fence, too steep. More damage than I could see from house (with spotting scope from almost two miles). I was not even to the fence when the sod on top the frozen ground gave way and down the hill I went until stopped by a small pine. Not a smart move on my part, should have waited until it warmed up but that may take a while as it was 28 last night.

Back to recliner with back vibration.

John

Everybody on this site is too damned old or too infirm to be much help to you and the younger ones don't live close enough. Northern Idaho is almost 3000 miles from where I live.

While picking up my enhanced CW permit at the sheriffs office a deputy friend (I know all of them) asked if I would be bear hunting next week. One thing led to another and since he was wanting to take a bear with his bow............... Long story......... short he volunteered to fix and maintain fence for a place to hunt.

I don't have to worry about him yapping about where he harvested game or sneaking in to poach.

John

I'm glad you got someone to fix your fence. Tell him to come down here and fix mine when he's done skinning the bear. ;)

No bear yet Bob, he has not had time to place any bait. It took a day and a half for him to fix the fence and then back to remodeling the "foreclosure" house and eight acres he got for a song, no dance. With a three year old and his wife expecting...........you get the picture. Still over a month left in the spring season which is plenty of time.

John

Latest posts

Back