If your in Michigan

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snapbang

Imlay City Michigan
Supporting member
Reaction score
If your in Michigan and dont mind letting me know, I would like to be able to send info to you. Like Half-cocked did. When supplies are located, guns or bargains. Maybe get together on occasion and shoot. I know several of you are very near me in Imlay City. Send me a PM and I will keep a list and after a few weeks send you all a copy.

Read where a guy picked up 4k of small pistol primers in MI the other day.............

Things are SLOWLY starting to show back up.

I sure hope so. I am very apprehensive. This time everything I like or need to do is effected. Hunting, shooting to gardening and making preserves. (Need jars) , I haven't canned any deer meat this year. Easy to store (Already cooked) and good for two years on the shelf. I still cant get my favorite brew in a 10 ounce can, have to buy a 24, and some goes to waste. A word to the wise Vacuum pack it, shells, power, primers.

Ive heard the same. things are starting to show up. Put another way, things would hit the shelf an f be gone, now they last a day or so.

I have about a 1/2 pound, maybe a little more of Blue Dot that I do not need.

I have about a 1/2 pound of 571 that I do not need.

I'm a long way from most of you guys down below and 1.75hrs from the nearest freeway.

I havent been able to get into many LGS lately. But the of the 2 ive been in Dunhams still has nothing at all. No ammo or ML powder. Not even Pyrodex. The other one, Oakland Tactical, has a few powders in. No bullets or brass or primers.

I ordered bullets from Mr.Hollow point. I sent a check cause I was not in a hurry. Still have them in 10 days or so. May want to give him a try. Go to his wabsite and make a choice or tell him what your looking for, what gun, twist, etc. Tell him you want samples. Thats what I did. He was very generous with the samples.

I'm seeing T7 everywhere now. Still struggling to find other powders and most primers. Seems like small rifle are in stock every couple weeks for a couple days. Some muzzy bullets but not what I want.

While we're on the subject of anyone stumbles across small rifle magnum primers let me know. I need a couple thousand if I can get them.

Thanks.

lechwe, just because the recipe calls for Magnum primers doesn't mean they have to be. You may be able to get by with regular primers. Tell me what cartridge and powder you are using.

Once I can get my hands on a set of dies and some bullets I plan to work up a hot load for my 450 Bushmaster. I built one on a Rem 700 action and want to get the most out of it. A couple buddies say they've had better luck using the mag primers due to the charge they are using. I can't recall the load they have worked up off the top of my head. I'll be using Lil' Gun.

While we're on the subject of primers I ran into something I hadn't experienced before. I bought a new 1911 in 10mm recently. Found dies, bullets and powder and primers. I stumbled onto some once fired brass and decided to put some rounds together today. 10mm calls for large pistol and my loaded ammo I have is large pistol. The brass I bought takes small pistol. pretty frustrating since I don't have small pistol primers.

Back