I'm colddd

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put your phone down and pay attention Lol. Im in my stand also, nothing so far. Got my 7 year old with me for the first time and she's doing great.

03mossy said:
Put your phone down and pay attention Lol. Im in my stand also, nothing so far. Got my 7 year old with me for the first time and she's doing great.

hang in guys, the rut is on.

I wish I had a nickel for every time I found myself, sitting on a bucket, on a damp cold morning, out in the woods, staring at the same deer trail for hours on end. It never failed that I would ask myself.. What am I doing here? I left a warm bed, and warm house to sit on a bucket in the woods? But then the deer comes in, the excitement level comes up, and you have that special moment of .. BOOM!! and then the hunting seems all worth the effort.

Good luck all of you. personally I carry a good book with me.

i had a few minutes around noon, walked out back on top of the ridge.
sat down and a buck in the 10 pt mid 140's trotted right up the edge of the cedars
on the other side of the fence. old and smart he made it another day.

guitarpicva said:
:). And Bored apparently

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

You're in southern Va, out for less than an hour, and you're cold and bored? :huh?:

Where in southern Va?

Actually that day I was in Western Amelia county.

Today, in Dinwiddie county.

gu9ubu2a.jpg

excess650 said:
guitarpicva said:
:). And Bored apparently

You're in southern Va, out for less than an hour, and you're cold and bored? :huh?:

Where in southern Va?

Oh, and BTW, I was on stand for 2:15 before that post! :D

Got some camo burlap for the stand in that picture. It was like being on display! :)

the weather channel said your temps in VA were going to be cold. We had that cold snap for a couple days and it was like 20 degrees during the day. I had to travel to the big city to visit the eye doctor and the wind was coming off the lake up there and I about froze to death. Man it was cold up near Lake Superior.

That picture shows some real cover. Is that thick brush or that dried grass stuff? Also are you showing your blind?

Looks like you mowed them a nice path right to your stand! :lol: I don't carry a book, phone or anything. I like to just sit quiet and take in the beauty of the woods and clear my mind.

Good luck!

cayuga said:
the weather channel said your temps in VA were going to be cold. We had that cold snap for a couple days and it was like 20 degrees during the day. I had to travel to the big city to visit the eye doctor and the wind was coming off the lake up there and I about froze to death. Man it was cold up near Lake Superior.

That picture shows some real cover. Is that thick brush or that dried grass stuff? Also are you showing your blind?

That is thick cover. This is a cutover from about 5 years ago so the saplings are about 10 ft tall and lots of willows. I do have 9 foot wide trails cut and the deer do use them, but this is the first season I have hunted the property. There are few mature trees so from up there in the stand there is very little cover. The trail to the right of the stand comes down hill and continues down to the left of the stand for about 100 yards.

ShawnT said:
Looks like you mowed them a nice path right to your stand! :lol: I don't carry a book, phone or anything. I like to just sit quiet and take in the beauty of the woods and clear my mind.

Good luck!

I hear you. I do get some good thinking and praying done as well.

The guys I hunt with text to communicate in silence.

As I get older I still love to be in the woods but I find myself missing my kids (7,5,2) to much being gone. Its starting to overrun the passion to be out here. Oh well a few more years they can all be with me.

03mossy said:
As I get older I still love to be in the woods but I find myself missing my kids (7,5,2) to much being gone. Its starting to overrun the passion to be out here. Oh well a few more years they can all be with me.

That's the spirit. Raise 'em to love the woods.

Back