Impressed With My Muzzleloaders Accuracy!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Impressed With My Muzzleloaders Accuracy!

MLN1963 said:
No more tweaking on these, I've spent a lot on powder, pellets, primers and bullets for these two muzzleloaders. I'm not a bench rest shooter and sub MOA is good enough for deer and me! 

I have a CVA Electra that I would like to get tweaked like these two but it isn't happening with pellets. Regrettably the spark plug ignition system of the Electra won't light my Blackhorn 209 powder and I really don't want to buy a pound of 777 when I have acceptable hunting accuracy from it. But, there is that nagging thought in the back of my head that it has the potential to be the most accurate of all. Anyone what to donate a bottle of 777 so I can scratch that itch? :twisted:
Great shooting, and great groups with both guns. As far as the Electra goes, yes she will shoot BH 209, and Iknow the secret:twisted:  I have done it.
Carlos

Carlos

What is your secret?

I understand you can put 5-10 grains of a BP substitute first and then your charge of BH 209. I have elected not to do that since I want to hunt with it like the other rifles. If I need a fast follow-up shot (Muzzleloader fast LOL) I don't want to mess with two powders. 

I bought a bottle of 777 FFg to try in the Electra but haven't had time to try it yet. I think the Electra may have the potential for being the most accurate rifle of the three.

MLN1963 said:
Carlos

What is your secret?

I understand you can put 5-10 grains of a BP substitute first and then your charge of BH 209. I have elected not to do that since I want to hunt with it like the other rifles. If I need a fast follow-up shot (Muzzleloader fast LOL) I don't want to mess with two powders. 

I bought a bottle of 777 FFg to try in the Electra but haven't had time to try it yet. I think the Electra may have the potential for being the most accurate rifle of the three.
That is correct, 5 gr. of triple seven and 100 gr. of Bh 209, and is really not that hard to do. I do it all the time with my SML and the duplex loads I shoot. I made a container which holds my booster on one side and my main charge on the other side. However there is one draw back, after four shots you have to clean the electrode or she will misfire, but if you just run the cleaning brush thru it, she will fire every time, and yes she will be extremely accurate with the BH 209. Try it you will like it.
I will donate a can of Triple Seven, just send me your address.
Carlos

That is a deal I can't refuse! I need to get a breech plug and some things anyway. PM coming.

PM Sent your way Carlos!

Does anyone have some stats on 300+grain bullets out ot 150-200 yards and the energy retention. I'm curious what the Accura v2 would do to a 800lb. elk at 150-200 yards?? Thanks for any good input.

what bullet are you using and what powder charge?

Get the gun it's a good one. A good load will be the Barnes 290gr T-EZ with 110 gr of BH 209. It should put the smack on an elk.

We can help you get the gun setup. We can also tell you where to buy it for the best deal. It will come setup too.

Here you go. When you're ready to buy call up Ed's, and ask for Carlos. He's also a member here, and will take care of you. Sorry for the misunderstanding, and welcome to the forum.

Ed's Gun Shop
5560 US 1 HWY
Vass, NC 28394
(910) 692-7936
(910) 692-4867 fax
[email protected] or [email protected]

Hours:
M - F - 9am - 6pm
Sat - 9am - 5pm
Sun - Closed

Latest posts

Back