In search of .45 cal pb or other full bore .45 cal bullets.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylestacey2990

Reaction score
Hi guys new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone here knew where I could find some bullets for my cva Accura MR-X in .45. I have the elr's, and they've actually done fairly well. But not enough so that I wouldn't at least TRY another.45 cal bullet. I'd actually prefer to to ensure I am in fact using what shoots best out of my rifle. I'm shooting moa or under at 100 fairly easily as long as I do my part. Thanks for any help in advance and thanks for the add.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230215-204946.png
    Screenshot_20230215-204946.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
This
I got a chance to test my Newly Designed little Accurate Molds .45 Cal Bullet this morning, it is Accurate Molds #45-340l, I chose to test it in my Rice 1:20 Twist First. Powder charge was 70 Grains by WEIGHT of Swiss 2F powder, With my 12MM Cut (.472-.473) 1/8” thick Wool felt Wads

My same 60 Yard Spot
d7J2unMm.jpg

k0W3SCO.jpg

1IA1OAS.jpg

Lubed with MY SPG Mixture
gPMZOtRm.jpg

Gotta Love a BIG WIDE Meplat Bullet :cool:
ajQ6Zql.jpg

I had 7 Total Bullets, So therefore i Shot a 7 Shot Group :lewis: This Little bullet shoots AWESOME, and at just under 350 Grains it is a PURE pleasure to Shoot!
6rFxTBn.jpg

Do you happen to sell them? I'd be interested to see how they perform. I've been thinking about trying a cast lead bullet. I'm not concerned about lead fowling like some people seem to be. (Why are people ok with copper build up which is much more dense than lead build up? Because of the hastening of the process? My bore shoots better fowled) also any velocity readings? Those things are purdy btw...

I don’t have the mold YET, but several members here do. Maybe someone will reply and send you some to test.

Welcome kylestacey2990. I dont think any one is selling that bullet yet. I bought one of the molds from Accurate Molds and have to say it knocks the snot out of deer. And since im casting and sizing it to my specific barrel its as accurate as I can be. If you're not into casting yet, check out Fury, Parker, Northern Precision, and No Excuses, to name just a few, for some really good bullet selections.

Welcome kylestacey2990. I dont think any one is selling that bullet yet. I bought one of the molds from Accurate Molds and have to say it knocks the snot out of deer. And since im casting and sizing it to my specific barrel its as accurate as I can be. If you're not into casting yet, check out Fury, Parker, Northern Precision, and No Excuses, to name just a few, for some really good bullet selections.
Thank you. I've looked around at a lot of those bullets and finding them in stock is next to impossible from what I've seen. Any websites or url links would be greatly appreciated. I want to make it clear, I'm not in anyway dissatisfied with the performance of the PB ELR'S in my rifle. On the contrary they're actually shooting very well. But I feel it would be negligent to not try a few others and get data. Thanks in advance for any help.

Thank you. I've looked around at a lot of those bullets and finding them in stock is next to impossible from what I've seen. Any websites or url links would be greatly appreciated. I want to make it clear, I'm not in anyway dissatisfied with the performance of the PB ELR'S in my rifle. On the contrary they're actually shooting very well. But I feel it would be negligent to not try a few others and get data. Thanks in advance for any help.
Ive got 350 and 400 grain PinPoints from Northern precision that im trying out now. He will size them to almost any size you ask. I got .452 so i could size them down a little bit more for a couple different guns. They size and load pretty easily and so far are very accurate. He didn't make them until i ordered them so there was a short wait, couple weeks maybe.

https://npcustombullets.com/

Ive got 350 and 400 grain PinPoints from Northern precision that im trying out now. He will size them to almost any size you ask. I got .452 so i could size them down a little bit more for a couple different guns. They size and load pretty easily and so far are very accurate. He didn't make them until i ordered them so there was a short wait, couple weeks maybe.

I just sent him a message. Thank you very much.

Thank you. Appreciate that. Here's my setup currently. CVA Accura MR-X in .45. Anarchy Outdoors muzzle brake. Caldwell xlr bipod at the moment, though that switches. Bushnell, AR optics 3-12x40 glass. Was running 105g by weight of pyro select. Waiting in my BH 209 to arrive today I believe. Federal 209mz primers for the pyrodex, cheddite will likely be my go to for the BH 209 seeing as the dedicated muzzleloader primers seem to not be hot enough to ignite consistent. Currently shooting PB ELR'S right around 2050, fps. Sub moa as long as I do my part. Have some 345g lead hollow point and lead solids arriving today I believe also. Those will be for use on game. (Fingers crossed they shoot well. I'm also ordering some Northern Precision, lead tips in .452" diamater, 270g. So I'll have my hands full with some load development. But that's where the fun is. Looking forward to gaining some insight regarding the smoke pole world. Relatively new to serious muzzleloader shooting. Was always a casual muzzleloader shooter but recently found a knack for it and haven't looked back. I appreciate the forum and the plethora of information readily available. It's already paid dividends.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230215-204946.png
    Screenshot_20230215-204946.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I don’t have the mold YET, but several members here do. Maybe someone will reply and send you some to test.
if somebody is making to sell,, i would like to buy some too! let us know?? I don't really like casting bullets but will if i have to...

I have the same rifle and just received some ELR 280 bullets and looking forward to trying them. I am currently shooting the XTP Hornady and SST in 200 grn. sub moa at 100 yrds and breaking ceramic tiles at 200-250 yrds. Shooting 80 grns V of SWBP, Can not find any BH209 in my area. The SWBP shoots clean with no Crud ring using Winchester 209 MZ primers with great success. Thus far I have only killed a coyote with my MR-x. Poked allot of holes in paper as well and love the way this MZ handles and shoots. Looking to attach the muzzle brake. thanks for your input.

Well I just purchased the Anarchy Muzzle brake it seems to get good reviews. My MR-X is decked with everything now. If this weather would settle down might get out to try some more testing with different bullets/load etc. stay safe and shoot often

Latest posts

Back