In search of .45 cal pb or other full bore .45 cal bullets.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working on some new 40 Cals with Bill,at northern Precision I think the heaviest one going to be around 275,, should also have a 180 that's bonded and he's putting together a solid lead 40 cal also should be in the mail hope to be shooting on the next week or so

Do you happen to sell them? I'd be interested to see how they perform. I've been thinking about trying a cast lead bullet. I'm not concerned about lead fowling like some people seem to be. (Why are people ok with copper build up which is much more dense than lead build up? Because of the hastening of the process? My bore shoots better fowled) also any velocity readings? Those things are purdy btw...
I have them but won't be back north until the end of May. But honestly if you're shooting MOA or better at 100 yards you'd be hard pressed to do better. Did you try tweaking your load. Maybe trying an over powder felt wad, poly wad etc.

You could always get into casting your own. It’s a lot of fun and rewarding. I enjoy making my 45 345, 390, and 465gr conical’s.

Latest posts

Back