Info on this scope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minnesota

Reaction score
I had one of these installed on my Mossberg turkey gun, and got to shoot it today for the first time. I love it! Don't know much about it other than its what the guy at my gun shop suggested. My buddy really liked it when he saw it, and got to look thru it today, and could use a new scope for his shotgun, (Remington 870 20 gauge) or his CVA Wolf. Do you think this scope would hold up on a slug gun, or a muzzleloader?

https://www.amazon.com/Truglo-Triton-Sight-30mm-Tri-Color/dp/B007WQEM40

<h4 class="post-content">The Truglo-Triton has mixed reviews that would turn me off remembering the ones that were returned at Cabelas for different issues. Look at this one for a similar scope in that price range.</h4>https://www.amazon.com/Burris-SpeedBead-Reflex-Sight-Remington/dp/B001F0IMUO

Best Selling
<h4 class="post-content">
912EVvRG3VL._AC_UL130_.jpg
</h4>

That's $51.25 not what is shown.
Bushnell

Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot Sight Riflescope, 1 x 25mm (tilted front lens)
4.3 out of 5 stars 3,257 from 5125

My nephew installed an $80 bushnell red dot and that sucker is accurate. My brother uses aimpoint on his ak47s and they to are accurate out to 100 + yards. 2moa my brother uses.

FrontierGander said:
My nephew installed an $80 bushnell red dot and that sucker is accurate. My brother uses aimpoint on his ak47s and they to are accurate out to 100 + yards. 2moa my brother uses.
I have used Aimpoint red dots on Rem 870's for years, just a little more expensive but they work at 100 yards on man size targets with rifle slugs.

These are the "red dots " I bragg about.Not necessarily the brand. They are mostly a 100yd max setup . Real fast to use ,and great for coon hunting.My only draw back is the battery. Great for teaching the young ones also.

My department uses the aimpoint pro on our AR they are fast and very accurate. I run a Tasco red dot on my Remington 1100 slug gun I tried it for the fun of it and now I wont give it up.

I just ordered 6 SBR AR for my department and will br putting the vortex version of a red dot on them, I have a couple of the SRT guys doing a T&E on them so far they are doing better than the aimpoints.

Huntin_Dawg1215 said:
I just ordered 6 SBR AR for my department and will br putting the vortex version of a red dot on them, I have a couple of the SRT guys doing a T&E on them so far they are doing better than the aimpoints.
Remember "Aimpoint" was one of the first red dot scopes back in the late 60's early 70's. This type of system has improved so much that the old tech knowledge guys were left behind, hopefully "Aimpoint" has improved from their early models like the others. Marketing - SALES SALES ....

I called my brother because he has a Tru-Glo red dot on his turkey gun but he hasn't really shot it enough to test it's durability.

I've been using an old Leupold Gilmore 35mm Red Dot scope that I bought years ago before they quit making them.  It's mounted on my Rem 870 12ga Turkey gun.  I shoot 3" magnum Heavy shot and it has performed flawlessly.  I absolutely love it for turkey hunting.

When still in business we used red dot systems on Remington 870's (2-3/4 inch guns were cheap when the 3 inch mag. came out - every body needed power).  We could buy 2-3/4 inch guns for under $200 all day, then invest $85 for Hastings barrel with cantilever scope mount and another $25 for a red dot scope, less than $325 invested. We would go to gun shows and buy every Rem 870 we could find in our price range, once in a while an 1100 if cheap enough. Take them to the shop and replace the barrels, a little cold blue and a scope, its ready to be sold. 

We ran all over with several orders of multiple gun requests from local police and sheriff departs with limited budgets. 

The old barrel (long suckers) we cut down to 18-1/2 inches in length and sold them for home defense. 

The left over pieces of barrel where the bead is was cut off then heated and flattened on the end making a hide scraper, the other end would receive a rawhide wrap making them look like scarpers of old. Nothing was wasted and the profit was good with our elbow grease.

Latest posts

Back