Interesting find after squirrel hunt today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I bet a lot have. I actually did not. I started out with a .410 shotgun and then went to a 12 gauge and have hunted mostly with that.

I never really liked shotguns much. I just started hunting for the first time last year, and I used my .22 that I already had and bought my Bone Collector for deer season. The only shotgun that was appealing to me was/is the Winchester SX3, which is an $1,100 gun, and that is the reason I do not own one.

When I lived in Mass. All we could use was a shotgun for deer. I guess they allow a ML now. I would have got into a ML a long time ago if that was the law when I was there. I hated shooting a slug in a shotgun.

Not very partial to shotguns myself , the damned things dont even have decent sights ! ;)

Spitfire said:
Not very partial to shotguns myself , the damned things dont even have decent sights ! ;)
What more do you need than a bead on the end of the barrel? :lol: I used to have a old 20 gauge single shot that had no sights whatsoever. I loved that gun and could hit anything that flew, ran, hopped or whatever. Actually the Remington's that I had/have came with pretty decent rifled sights on the slug barrels. Mossbergs not so much but I never had a problem with them either. I haven't deer hunted with a shotgun for a few years but since I don't have a muzzleloader this year I will be and I must say that I'm pretty excited. Brings back old hunting memories for me.

Did not grow up around shotguns ,only handguns and rifles. So they are a bit of a grey area for me.

Back