Iowa Late Muzzy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went out Friday the 3rd (almost stayed home but kept telling myself that you can't get 'em from the couch) for an evening of slow walking and possibly a short sit before dark. After walking for about an hour, I came across some good sign of deer activity, especially a buck.

The area looked good for sitting and waiting so I found myself a somewhat comfortable spot on the side of a terrace and hoped I wouldn't get too cold before the end of shooting light.

Approx. 15 mins before quitting time, two yearling does stepped out of the timber and began to mill around. A few minutes later, a decent 8 steps out and took interest in the does. He didn't want to get out in the open by the does so I had to wait for him to turn broadside where he was at. The area was thick with cover but I was able to find an opening and let him have it. He only ran 25 yards before expiring and made for an easy recovery.

approx. 100yd shot, double lung, CVA Apex 50 cal., 290gr Barnes TMZ, 110gr BH209

:applause: Congrads! Very nice buck. Persistence does pay off. :wink:

Congrats. a great deer.. it paid off that you hung in there till the end!!! Good job.

Back