Iron sights and Knights?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimG

Reaction score
Found both a KRB and an Extreme. Problem is I have to purchase them sight unseen. I've heard some reports that people are having trouble seeing the iron sights comfortably on the KRB. I'm guessing the comb on the stock is too high. Is this true? What about the Extreme? Anyone got a chubby face (like me!) and can comfortably see the irons on either the KRB or Extreme?

JimG

Me... I have the chubby face + being almost bald, but I have know problem with the iron sights on the Extreme... can not tell you about the KRB though...

Iron sights on the KRB can be seen just fine. I can get a proper cheekweld and see a very good sight picture. I consider it a great iron sight rifle. I have Exremes with both the standard synthetic stock and the thumbhole synthetic stock, and they are just fine with iron sights as well.

I have a thin face but big head. The sights on the KRB are uncomfortable to see, have to smash my cheek against the top of the stock to get them in view. I never would consider pulling a trigger on an open sight krb.

tc's are pretty bad with this issue too. These new short stocked rifles remind me a lot of a cva blazer i had with a 12" pull.

People getting shorter these days? Must be some reason for them to keep producing these short stocks.

I dont' have any problem with either of my disc as far as 'getting down' on them. However, I replaced the factory JUNK with steel. The factory sights are aluminium, while the rear sight is alright, the front is a complete POS. I ruined both front sites. The first I leaned it aganst a rock and bent it... littlerly set the rifle against a big rock, picked it back up and the sight was bent to one side... Pretty sweet that it happened on day 4 of a 9 day hunt and I was about 40 miles from the nearest sporting goods store. Luckily I was able to bend it back close enough to work.

The second sight, I ripped the fiber half out of it uncasing it from a soft case.

The screws holding them on are crappy pot mettal alumunium as well. For the life of me I can't figure out why Knight builds such nice rifles, then goes cheap on the sights and ramrod. I'd gladly pay a little more for quality.

JimG

I really think you will like the Extreme... It is a very versitile gun - I guess I am assuming that you got the 50 cal.

There are some very well informed people on this site that know a lot about Knights - they will be able to help you a bunch also.

From my Extreme - I am shooting 120 grains of T7-2f. At the range or for practice i am shooting .452/250 grain Speer Gold Dots and .452/300 grain Speer Gold Dots. But, for hunting I am using Nosler Partitions, but the .451/260 for deer and the .458/300 for elk.

And of course the Extreme will shoot BH_209 just fine - just to expensive for me at this point, as long as i can get T7 for $20. Actually I think the price of T7 will come down because of BH being such a favorable powder.

Back