Its Addicting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Its Addicting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its funny for fourty yrs I never even thought about black powder shooting then I dont know 2 yrs ago I saw a sale that I thought was to good to pass up . I bought my first ML it was a Traditions Pursuit all camoed with a 3-9 scope on it when I shouldered it it just felt so different then a centerfire rifle .I thought that it would do ,as I thought I would only hunt 3 wks in January. I got my first ML doe and dont know what happened I didnt need it but bought an Accura and thought what am I gonna do with 2 MLs. I read on here and other forums how these smoke poles kinda grow on you and you want more.Now both my MLs will shoot a 1-2" grp at 100 yds and I really love shooting the Accura but all the posts about Knight rifles finally got me and Im now waiting for my (new to me) DISC Elite to get here . I havent got it yet nor shouldered one yet but already ordered a Lehigh conversion kit for it,cant wait. Going back upstate Thur with the Accura see what happens. Last week I let a small 5 ptr. go (with centerfire) that I let go twice in bow season, Im gettin soft as I get older. :shock:

I think you are really going to like the way an Elite shoulders. Only my Brush Gun comes up and is planted faster.

You put that Lehigh plug in your Elite & you should be tickled pink(or whatever color you like). The trigger should easily adjust down some if desired, just loosen the 1/4" lock nut & adjust. The triggers are pretty good as they come though. I took mine down to 2.5lbs. Of course B209 is my favorite powder.

I've got my Knight loaded & am heading to central IL later today.

You are going to love that DISC Elite. Is it in .45 or .50? I have both. :D You might to before you are done. I prefer the .45 for Deer hunting as of right now.

Theres just something thats hard to explain when you pull the trigger and that big cloud of smoke fills the woods and you see your deer laying right where he stood when it clears.

At my deer camp I take alot of crap for using my Omega during the rifle season when all my buddies are using tricked out centerfires. They think that I am under gunned. Well... my freezer is always full!

Latest posts

Back