It's been more than 25 years...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolf_River_Mike

Reaction score
since I bought a rifle of any kind. My new Savage MLll SS/laminate came today and man is it sweet. Beautiful stock and the rifle has a really nice feel to it. The only Savage ML I'd ever handled before was a SS/syn, nice rifle but felt kinda cheesey. This laminate stock is really nice. I plan on shooting a couple of hundred rounds of 5744 and Hornady 250 grain XTP's out of it to get to know it a little bit. Maybe I'll experiment with different loads then, and again, maybe not. Thanks for all the information guys, Y'all have made it easy.

Congratulations! You'll be real happy with that Savage. :D I was so happy I got two. :oops:

OMG 25 years. If I don't buy at least 1 every couple years I start getting depressed. lol

my savage ml1 is my first since 1982 kids willdo that to you clint

Re: kids will do that to you

You got that right Clint, I feel fortunate to have squeezed this one in. I've got a junior in college and another starting next year. :d'oh!:

You guys need to silence that kind of talk! It is very depressing to think that in a few short years my 2 will be in College :shock: :shock: I better hurry up and buy them all now! 8) Maybe I could dip into that college fund now........

Tar-12 said:
You guys need to silence that kind of talk! It is very depressing to think that in a few short years my 2 will be in College :shock: :shock: I better hurry up and buy them all now! 8) Maybe I could dip into that college fund now........

Maybe Mr. Q will wrestle his way into a college scholarship that save you mo gun money. :D

my little girl got married in may 05. son will have his as degree in june 06 hopfully the wife and i will have more time an money then. opleasepleaseplease clint

Darrel if he goes on a wrestling scholarship,I will go on the biggest gun buying frenzy you ever saw! :lol: :lol: :lol: At present rate of rising school costs, it will be a small fortune!Now if the daughter goes on a basketball scholarship.................... 8)

clint said:
my little girl got married in may 05. son will have his as degree in june 06 hopfully the wife and i will have more time an money then. opleasepleaseplease clint
Clint, you forgot about the grand kids!

Tar-12 said:

Nope....ya better save it....weddings are expensive and that will be next. :shock:

Spitpatch said:
Tar-12 said:

Nope....ya better save it....weddings are expensive and that will be next. :shock:

........and then there's the grandkids. :roll:

I bought my first ML this year, a Disc Elite for me and a used 243 for my 11 year old daughter. The last gun I bought before these was a new 270 back in the early 90's. Guess I'm good for another 18 years or so. :lol:

Guess I'm good for another 18 years or so.

You'll NEVER make it! :D You may be talked in to an Ultralight Arms before you KNOW it!

Your right Chuck, I will never make it. I read those threads on your NULA. That sounds like the ticket VS the Savage. I am going to break down and buy a new bow. Mine is a Person Spoiler I bought in 1990. Made the mistake a shooting a friends new bow. The let off was nice! Need to go over the the bow hunting forum and see what's new and the best.

Latest posts

Back