Jim Shockey

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahRob

Reaction score
We had a sports show in Salt Lake and i was able to Talk to Jim Shockey and a couple of his guides . What a class act !! . They all were very very friendly and fun to talk to . They seemed like a very happy group . And they did not try to sell me anything just answered ?? and talked with you about hunting . I also saw Jim walking around the show visiting and playing with little kids . First rate bunch of guys !! :D If i ever book a hunt they will be my first choice . Like that would ever happen though , just don't have the $$$$$$$ . :oops: :roll:

Jim's show is one of my favorites on the Outdoor Channel. Not only because he hunts with a ML, but I just like the way his show is presented. Some of the other hunting shows on TOC just about make me want to gag anymore!

What i really like about his videos , is that they even show their screw ups , scope cuts , for got to put in a primer . falling flat on his face . It was really nice talking to them at the show and they came across as just the average Joe . Jim was also stopping all the time for photos . Most guys wanted their girlfriends photo will Jim . I heard him say( laughing ) that's the best part of his job !! I wish i could make it back tomorrow morning for his show , but can't . :cry:

I enjoy the show when his father and father-in-law are guests. They are something else. Hope I'm still able to get in the woods @ 80+.

Nic_58 said:
Jim's show is one of my favorites on the Outdoor Channel. Not only because he hunts with a ML, but I just like the way his show is presented. Some of the other hunting shows on TOC just about make me want to gag anymore!

I agree Nic....

Just get tired of all the wild music that most seem to think we all enjoy.

Funny, I never hear that sh..t when I hunt... :roll: :lol:

I like the no hipe real shows.

Shockey

He made me take a look at ML'ing. I like his shows but w/ this She Safari crap I am slowly turning it off. I want to see hunting not her n fashion model clothes. When he took his Dad on the Moose hunt, and his bear hunts up close and personal, that is the Shockey I want to see.

I have respect for him after watching his marco polo sheep hunt in chechznya or some place like that. They had to spend like three days in POS vehicles through mountain passes and stuff just to get to the final hunt place, which was as dangerous, barren, desolate place as any on earth probably, and 50 below to boot.

anyhow he ended up shooting a sheep with a centerfire rifle and to his credit, very bluntly admitted there was no way in hell they could get close enough for a ML

:p

so yes I believe he certainly is the real deal.

I'm a big Shockey fan. I catch his show every Sunday. I watch his show because I think it's the best hunting show there is. And I watch Bone Collector because those guys are hilarious!!!

Shockey is truly a class act. About 4 yrs ago, a buddy and I were organizing a wild game dinner with door prizes to promote a Christian hunting organization at our Church. My buddy wrote Shockey and then he called and spoke to him direct and he was by far the most generous business/person we contacted.

MQ32shooter said:
Shockey is truly a class act. About 4 yrs ago, a buddy and I were organizing a wild game dinner with door prizes to promote a Christian hunting organization at our Church. My buddy wrote Shockey and then he called and spoke to him direct and he was by far the most generous business/person we contacted.

When talking to him it felt like talking to a hunting buddy that i had known for years . People where lined up to talk to him and he took his time and was very relaxed .

I just have different prioritys. I enjoy Jims show but his "WIFE" gets my attention.

Chocdog

I really like Shockey. He is the reason I got into ML hunting. His proces for guided hunts are crazy! and I do not believe that is im guideing you!!

I have driven through the Yukon and it is truely in the "middle of now where" with lots of moose. The moose there are much larger than any in the US. I saw 4 dead on the road and lots on hoof last year as well as 20 a day average of black bear right on the side of the road. Most run away when you stop by them- but one dind't and really liked the bing cherries I fed him :p

I like his shows as well.
When his dad and father in law hunt together it is a riot.

My dream whitetail hunt is one of his Candian hunts with muzzleloader of course

saxman1 said:
I like his shows as well.
When his dad and father in law hunt together it is a riot.

My dream whitetail hunt is one of his Candian hunts with muzzleloader of course

I would love to go after a big white tail !! :D :D Could noy aford a moose hunt with him . Looks like it would be around 20,000 if you bring the meat back !! I have never paid that much for a car , all used . :shock:

SWThomas said:
I'm a big Shockey fan. I catch his show every Sunday. I watch his show because I think it's the best hunting show there is. And I watch Bone Collector because those guys are hilarious!!!

I saw a "hunting" show last week and when they checked out the dead deer IT WAS WEARING A RED EAR TAG You won't see that on Shockey's show

Charlie

I like his show and I respect the way he hunts. I could care less for the shows that week after week they are at some private ranch with an outfitter. Just about anyone can go to those places and kill a deer, all you need is the money.

.WE had a world record Elk killed here in Utah last season .It was a governors tag and for the tag and hunt i understand (?) he paid close to 250,000 .for the tag and guide The Bull was at a show last week end and it was on a mount that rotated and a spot light . It was very imbaressing to me because here we had all these giuies from around the world at this show and here was this booth with "' look at us we are the best'' written all over it . If the Bull had been taken by any other guide we would be proud it was from Utah , but we are not . What amazing about this bull is it just show up last July and no sheds have ever been found from other years . Utah is full of shed hunters and photos would have been on ever web for years before he was taken . :?: :?: Also this bull was filmed for months before it was shot but they did not get a kill shot for the video . Everything about this gull is fishy !! :roll: :roll: Also look at the photo bottom left on the video and see how many people are in the hero shot . Please look but don't buy his videos !!

http://www.mossback.com/mm5/merchant.mv ... ory_Code=V

i remember seeing that bull on another forum too. Great bull but if i were going to squeeze the trigger on it and knew i had a camera man behind me, i would make sure it was on video! It does seem fishy but hey thats modern high $$$$$$ hunting for ya.

Latest posts

Back