Jim Shockey

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
frontier gander said:
i remember seeing that bull on another forum too. Great bull but if i were going to squeeze the trigger on it and knew i had a camera man behind me, i would make sure it was on video! It does seem fishy but hey thats modern high $$$$$$ hunting for ya.

Yeah, if you want to call it that! :?

UtahRob said:
Also look at the photo bottom left on the video and see how many people are in the hero shot .
Those are all the guys who followed that bull around all summer.

Actually, (not with this hunt) but I have heard stories of scouts threating hunters off public land in order to keep the competition away from trophy animals that they were saving for a client.

Twice, I have either friends or outfitters ask me if it was OK if they videoed my hut...I have and always will tell them NO. The last thing I want to see is me on video. Even if I get to keep the only copy. To each their own I guess, it's just not my thing.

Anyway, Shockey has one of the best shows going, besides the quality animals, he can usually get a chuckle out of me.

greatbasin said:
Actually, (not with this hunt) but I have heard stories of scouts threating hunters off public land in order to keep the competition away from trophy animals that they were saving for a client.

That would be a fist or gun fight if they didn't back off after being told where they can go. Not that I would get into a fight over an animal, it would be for the fact that I have just as much RIGHT to be there as them and for the fact that they are trying to bully me into leaving when they have no business doing so. I know where I'm located at all times while hunting.

That record bull would have been more impressive if it had been killed by some guy doing a "do it yourself" hunt on public land.

Yep, its the best money can buy. I have heard of stories before Spiderbull about people working for an outfitter that were "protecting" a chunk of public land for their "client". What sucks is, its illegal, but many of the areas where this happens, there is no cell service to call in support. So drive a couple few hours to call the wardens and then only getting a recording.

AJ said:
Yep, its the best money can buy. I have heard of stories before Spiderbull about people working for an outfitter that were "protecting" a chunk of public land for their "client". What sucks is, its illegal, but many of the areas where this happens, there is no cell service to call in support. So drive a couple few hours to call the wardens and then only getting a recording.

I have heard the same thing about this outfitter ( Moss _ _ _ K ) blocking roads , paying people big amounts of $$$$$ not to shoot it . He has a very bad reputation with a lot folks here in Utah, but to some i he's their hero .

Latest posts

Back