• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle .45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

like.2.fly

Reaction score
Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle 45 cal. traditional sidelock percussion muzzleloader. This is a very nice, very high quality, very sought after USA made Hawken style rifle. Excellent condition. Perhaps never fired? Bore is pristine. A few very minor handling marks. 30" octagon browned barrel with 1:56" twist, 1" across the flats, 2 barrel wedges, buckhorn adjustable sights, hooked breech with ram horn curl bolster. Combined browned iron & pewter furniture give it a very distinctive and timeless look. Unique single "set" trigger can be fired unset (heavier pull), or can be set by pushing it forward to set a very light pull (adjustable with a small screw from a couple of pounds down to just a few ounces). Smooth and strong lock. Includes 100 round lead balls and shooting patches, plus the original owners manual. More pics available on request if you want to see anything specific up close.

$795 + shipping.

JMB_MtnRifle1_800.jpgJMB_MtnRifle12_800.jpgJMB_MtnRifle2_800.jpgJMB_MtnRifle7.jpgJMB_MtnRifle13_800.jpgJMB_MtnRifle14_800.jpgJMB_MtnRifle16_800.jpgJMB_MtnRifle17_800.jpgJMB_MtnRifle27_800.jpgP1010250_400.JPG

Or maybe trade for a T/C Hawken 50 cal with aftermarket fast twist barrel?

SWEET!! :lewis: If money weren’t an issue I would buy this :)

I have an OLD USA Marked (4 Screw Patch Box) CVA Mountain Rifle in .45 Cal that i bought new in the Box, Talk about a Fun Rifle to Shoot (Virtually NO Recoil) and Would be Flat Out DEADLY on Deer. I cast .440 & .445 Roundball

Whoever gets this is getting a Dandy :lewis:

I'm interested in a .45 and have others to trade if you're interested in that kind of deal.

Is there any damage to the Browning?
How much does it weigh?

Thanks

The .45 should weigh 10lb 4 oz. I used to own a .50 version and was a little lighter.

Thought about a conversion. He machined .54 out of a tomato stake .50 barrel for me. But considering all the costs involved the completed rifle might be approaching 1k.

Back