Just checking my zero

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick White

Reaction score
A quick range trip to check my zero since hunting season here is two and a half weeks away.

extremegroup.jpg

5 shot group. Discounting the flyer it's 1 1/4". With the flyer it's 2 3/4". Looks like 5 dead deer to me even with the flyer.

That is some excellent shooting there. Talk about thread the needle with that rifle. The deer better stay a long way from you. :D

I used my bipod and rested my elbows on my knees like I do in the field. So I'm pretty confident that if I get a shot I'll take my animal. I thought a different lot of powder would have thrown me off more. It's a bit lower is all, but still perfectly acceptable.

Patrick W.

That is some SWEEEEEET shooting there :yeah: how far was it and what kind of load were you useing ? That is your disc extreme isn't it.

LB1

Well I forgot my rangefinder but by pacing it off it was approximately 100 yards. I pace it off and then doublecheck with the rangefinder anyway so I just wasn't able to doublecheck. It's the load I used last year. A Barnes 250 MZ and 90 Grains of Triple Seven (70 grains by weight).

Now I see why you "sold" your T/C Omega Rifle...but the new owner says it is a shooter as well. :D :D

Chocdog

Nice shooting Patrick! Which version of the disc rifle is that is it the extreme or the disc elite? Thanx John :D

choc-dog said:
Now I see why you "sold" your T/C Omega Rifle...but the new owner says it is a shooter as well. :D :D

Chocdog

It's a better shooter than my Extreme but I just like my Extreme better. I've hunted with it every year since I got it in Spring of '02 and there just isn't anything I don't like about it. I've tried several muzzleloaders and I keep coming back to this one.

Joes said:
Nice shooting Patrick! Which version of the disc rifle is that is it the extreme or the disc elite? Thanx John

Joes,
It's the .50 Disc Extreme. I've never had an Elite.

That looks good to me! Hard to beat an 'ol T/H Disc Extreme .50..

dip it in loc-tite. Don't look at again until opening morning.

Latest posts

Back