Just finished my antler powder measure

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonE

Reaction score
Well I was thinking about something other than brass, and decided to use a shed that I found one year. Bored it using a 5/8ths Spade Drill Bit, have my line marked inside of it for my 90 gr charge. I used the bead and elk teeth from something I had and the cord had broke after all these years, replacing the cord with sinew. I've been out this past season with medical issues, and will be at my first club shoot with the Flathead Valley Muzzleloaders this next Saturday. My powder horn is good to go, and will be looking forward to this shoot.

Antler Powder Measure (1).jpg

Last edited:
Well I was thinking about something other than brass, and decided to use a shed that I found one year. Bored it using a 5/8ths Spade Drill Bit, have my line marked inside of it for my 90 gr charge. I used the bead and elk teeth from something I had and the cord had broke after all these years, replacing the cord with sinew. I've been out this past season with medical issues, and will be at my first club shoot with the Flathead Valley Muzzleloaders this next Saturday. My powder horn is good to go, and will be looking forward to this shoot.

View attachment 424
I like the looks of that for sure.

Back