Just learned something

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2 cans of H4198, one i opened n started to test with. My groups were nothing to write about, best i remember 53 gr gave me a true 1 5/8" at a hundred. By the time i got to 55 gr recoil on my bad left shoulder . I said self lets go back to VV110/4759 n blue dot.
I hear ya!!

Well guys I personally got off the phone with Luke at Hodgdon and he told me they are NOT the same. He asked me what application and I told him SML and he said that there are too many variables to consider with that. But he did say that there were no changes in load data of the 2 in .45-70. Data 10 years ago is still valid today.
I am getting on that other site and correcting that falsehood there before someone gets hurt.

Luke’s reply to my inquiry:

Thank you for reaching out to us. These are 2 different powders , made at different factories. The Hodgdon version has been out of production for a while now but not discontinued. The IMR version is currently being made.

Luke Otte
Customer Service Manager

Luke’s reply to my inquiry:

Thank you for reaching out to us. These are 2 different powders , made at different factories. The Hodgdon version has been out of production for a while now but not discontinued. The IMR version is currently being made.

Luke Otte
Customer Service Manager
Please ask them when and where is the next shipment of h4198 going to be made and where is it going to be delivered to..lol

Back