Just Lucky I Guess

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

Reaction score
I guess I'm just lucky. I just don't to seem to have many problems. I've never owned an inline that wouldn't shoot pretty much the first thing (and anything) I put down it very well. I've never seen stainless rust. I've never had any pitting. I've cleaned with hot water, soapy water, tepid water, coffee, windshield washer fluid, Windex, and saliva. I've tried about every lube that you can buy and invented several myself. I've never even seen a scope or mounts that couldn't be cleaned up with a few patches dampened with Windex. I don't even remove the barreled action from my stock when I clean the gun. Should I be concerned?

i wonder how many differnt bore cleaners/ bore lubes they had back in the 1700-1800's? Had to have been a huge market back then for those who settled our country.

Or maybe they didnt have as many "sucka's" back in those days? :lol:

Hot soapy water with a bit of pinesol "for a pleasant aroma" is all ive ever cleaned my rifles with. A good deal of forum members here and there, now own a good deal of my muzzleloaders and they should be able to report on the condition of the bores in those rifles.

When i get home i will look though my lewis and clark journals and see if i can find what special bore Conditioners they had used.

I had a bottle of whale oil that I used on my locks and as a patch lube. Bear oil & olive oil seem just as good. On my inlines I use (gasp!) WD-40 & Break Free mostly.

Latest posts

Back