just put my next handgun on layaway

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corey012778

Reaction score
I just put a Ruger P series on layaway, not a panic buy over gun control. heard the prices are going to increase after the first of the year (most likely gun manufacturers taking advantage over the panic). plus, I can wait until the background system slows down over all the panic buying.
40 S&w

From everything I heard, that's a nice weapon. I was thinking of gettting a Kel Tec P11 9mm and just using that as a walk around weapon. People underestimate the 9mm. The new craze is 40 S&W (which is a great caliber by the way) or the .45 ACP. I like the .45 ACP but for a hide gun the 9mm is much easier and smaller to stash.

I used to own a .45 ACP Colt Combat Commander. Once of the finest pistols I ever owned. But I got greedy and someone offered me way too much for it. And since all it did was sit in a drawer as home defense, I sold it. Never should have done that.

When I was on the Police Department we carried a 9mm S&W pistol. And that was one fine pistol. Easy to control, accuracy, balanced.. I wanted to by my pistol when I retired but they would not let me. Too bad, that was a fine weapon.

cayuga said:
From everything I heard, that's a nice weapon. I was thinking of gettting a Kel Tec P11 9mm and just using that as a walk around weapon. People underestimate the 9mm. The new craze is 40 S&W (which is a great caliber by the way) or the .45 ACP. I like the .45 ACP but for a hide gun the 9mm is much easier and smaller to stash.

I used to own a .45 ACP Colt Combat Commander. Once of the finest pistols I ever owned. But I got greedy and someone offered me way too much for it. And since all it did was sit in a drawer as home defense, I sold it. Never should have done that.

When I was on the Police Department we carried a 9mm S&W pistol. And that was one fine pistol. Easy to control, accuracy, balanced.. I wanted to by my pistol when I retired but they would not let me. Too bad, that was a fine weapon.

my last three 9's purchased were beretta's, 2 px-4 compacts and a nano. i really like the nano, it's one tough little 9!

cayuga said:

have a 9mm, the first pistol I bought on my 21 birthday. I don't, it has one groundhog to it's credit.

going to get my ccw something this year. I was wanting a little more butt. not smaller then my 9 but the 40 is lighter.

layaway sure can get you in trouble LOL

i got a sr1911 , sr22 , ruger MKIII and a Ruger super blackhawk in .44 mag . also a moss 590 A1 shotgun . all using a layaway program at a local CAL ranch store . i figure if i didn't do that , i wold end up blowing my $$ on stupid stuff . Plus i figured i better get some more guns while i still can .

:roll:

corey012778 said:
not a panic

i wouldn?t have blamed you if you did .
we have good reason too IMO . If they come looking , mine have all been stolen ! LOL or they will get my lead first .

:twisted:

got my ruger off layaway. also got a new 9mm.
top hi point c9 9mm. did a trade for it. my old feg 9mm that did not fit my hands.

bottom Ruger p94 40s&w.

134A3A45-7C26-41C0-8208-C9E07095ADD1-1126-000001EA1BB318C4_zpsb5ea8775.jpg

cayuga said:

Was that the model 59? That is my carry gun and I really love it. My dad bought it for me from a police officer just before I deployed to Desert Storm. (Long time ago.....). Everything you said!

cayuga said:
I was thinking of gettting a Kel Tec P11 9mm and just using that as a walk around weapon.

PMJI, but I have a KelTec p-11. The long, heavy trigger pull is it's biggest detraction, but I put a trigger shoe on mine, and it helped a lot. I have put approximately 1500 rounds through it, and it still shoots great. It is a well made gun for a less expensive pistol.

I bought it for a CCW gun, and like the fact that it is a 9mm. It is small enough to conceal, yet big enough to shoot accurately.

Back