Kentucky Pistol

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy, how well balanced is the pistol? I have one flintlock pistol with a 10" barrel that tends to be front-heavy. It's not bad, but noticeable.
Ron

It is very well balanced. The barrel is swamped and I'm sure that helps. Twixt the heat and other things that need to get done I haven't shot it yet. Maybe next week.

Randy? How did it do? If you have not shot it, yet? Perhaps 
you need to donate it to an admiring fan? :twisted:

Randy hasn't been on the forum since Aug 2016. Always check that when you bring up an old thread.

Randy? How did it do? If you have not shot it, yet? Perhaps
you need to donate it to an admiring fan?
Didn't realize how long I had been away. It's been a busy year.
The pistol shoots great. The first time I shot it was at last year's Eastern, and I placed third with it. The next time was at Thunder Creek Longrifles in southern Indiana. I aced the course with it.
Between conditioning for a long bicycle ride this past July and playing in the woodshop I haven't done much shooting this year. That is about to change.

Randy, I am happy to hear that sweet looking pistol shoots as good as it looks. 
Welcome back.

Why don't you re-post a pic of it? The others got zapped. I still remember it, but 
others might like to see it.

I do everything with a smart phone now. It will take a while for this tech-challenged dinosaur to figure it out.
There is a reason I shoot flintlocks.

Randy Johnson said:
I do everything with a smart phone now. It will take a while for this tech-challenged dinosaur to figure it out.
Fair enough. I had a pic in my computer gizzards from back when I was looking at it. 
I just could not get over the hump of the price for a pistol. But, I was watching it like a hawk. 
I even offered a trade. (Fail) I never do that.

Its a nice one.
yFMYuv.jpg

An Elliot built Kentucky pistol sold by Clay Smith Master Gunsmith

I do have the right pic, yes? It has been a while. Clay Smith has dropped the picture from his site.

For those who have not visited Clay's site, it is always fun to look at what he has to offer. It does change. 
He also sells a few other interesting items and he will build a custom rifle for you, too. There is about a year 
and a half wait last I knew. Clay apprenticed at the smith in Williamsburg. Here is the site. Enjoy.
http://www.claysmithguns.com

Kentucky Colonel said:
Randy Johnson said:
Fair enough. I had a pic in my computer gizzards from back when I was looking at it. 
I just could not get over the hump of the price for a pistol. But, I was watching it like a hawk. 
I even offered a trade. (Fail) I never do that.

Its a nice one.
yFMYuv.jpg

An Elliot built Kentucky pistol sold by Clay Smith Master Gunsmith

I do have the right pic, yes? It has been a while. Clay Smith has dropped the picture from his site.

For those who have not visited Clay's site, it is always fun to look at what he has to offer. It does change. 
He also sells a few other interesting items and he will build a custom rifle for you, too. There is about a year 
and a half wait last I knew. Clay apprenticed at the smith in Williamsburg. Here is the site. Enjoy.
http://www.claysmithguns.com
Yep, that's it

Back