Knight 45 cal is a shooter!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob........respectfully, 2 shots don't make a "group". You have to shoot at least 5 shots to really get an idea what is happening with the load, rifle, you, etc. At 465 yards wind and mirage will have an effect too. Maybe the 4 inch group was a fluke and the 8-9 inch groups are the norm?? Shoot more and see what the average group size is. X
Generally I shoot 20 rounds and keep the best 3 for my accuracy measurements ... statistically, 5 out of 4 people struggle with math anyway..

1st real range day to test powder charges with my new setup. I’m very impressed what this Knight Mountaineer will do so far. Here’s the specs:
Knight 45 Cal 1-20 twist.
Boyd stock with aftermarket cheek piece
Adjusted Timney Trigger
Bestill 2 piece breech plug and firing pin
Murphy SS base
Nightforce 3x15nxs scope
300 grain Pittman Aeromax bullets, wool wad, BH209, Cheddite 209 primers.
105v/82.2gby weight shot a 3 shot group at 100yards in the 0.3’s” and 115V shot a group in 0.55’s”. I will test those charges at 200/300 yards.

1st real range day to test powder charges with my new setup. I’m very impressed what this Knight Mountaineer will do so far. Here’s the specs:
Knight 45 Cal 1-20 twist.
Boyd stock with aftermarket cheek piece
Adjusted Timney Trigger
Bestill 2 piece breech plug and firing pin
Murphy SS base
Nightforce 3x15nxs scope
300 grain Pittman Aeromax bullets, wool wad, BH209, Cheddite 209 primers.
105v/82.2gby weight shot a 3 shot group at 100yards in the 0.3’s” and 115V shot a group in 0.55’s”. I will test those charges at 200/300 yards.

Nice rifle. Hoping my original disc shoots 45s like that.

Latest posts

Back