Knight .45 questions...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paia

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a Knight Disc Extreme .45. I am not that familiar at all with Knights and have a couple questions. This rifle uses the red primer holders, I think. Are these any real trouble to use and will the rifle be compatible with BH209. I do not know what breech plug is in it.

It has a "light contour" barrel. What's that, does anyone have experience with one, and do they shoot?

Thanks--

Great gun . I had to convert mine to the stright 209 to get it to shoot BH 209 without hangfires Shoots sst 200grain and the harvester light blue sabot into 3 inchs at 300 yds with 120 gr of bh and a win 209 primer.
Wayles

Fin Feather and Fur might have a few stainless/syn Disc Elite's in .45 left over yet..

Last I knew they were going out the door for $199 NIB
8)

I have a .45 cal Wolverine 209 with light contour barrel (tapers a bit and no rifle sights) that uses the red FPJ and has the concave/recessed breech plug. I have no problems igniting 110 gr of BH209. I use the Harvester light blue smooth .45/.40 cal sabot with 200 gr SST. I shot several deer with it this year and feel there is nothing lacking in this setup.

Yes I used it with my 45cal Disc Elite. It was supposed to be used with 150g loose powder, so that the ignition would happen in the middle of the charge.
It's not designed for BH209 and does not work. It will give you a powerful stream of blowback with BH209, if and when it fires :shock:

I just bought an older .45 disc elite and it came with two breech plugs. One of them is a standard breech plug to be used with percussion caps and the other is flat faced without any type of nipple at all. Is this the original type breech plug?

Can you post pictures of the two breech plugs? I had not paid much attention to the Knight's a few years ago so I am playing catch-up on the elite's. I want to help so my guess would be that the "standard breech plug to be used with percussion caps" is the plug that uses the red FPJ and not #11 caps. And the "flat faced without any type of nipple at all" is for the original orange discs.

The bolt for the fpj is different than the one for the discs. it has a lip to retract the jacket from the nipple. To convert from the discs to the fpj requires both bp and bolt.

Back