Knight 500

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok i just got finished sighting in out to 100 I had some hang fires and a couple no ignition issues. Breech plug was properly cleaned at the time but I managed to get scope zeroed and my final three shots out of 20 were ok but I wasn't settled very well my rear bag was giving me some height issues so next trip I'll have to bring some other bag options this was 85 grs by weight 209 under a Parker 300 b/e and a lubricated felt wad.

Attachments

• 20220728_084917.jpg
    20220728_084917.jpg
    590.1 KB · Views: 0
How hard to use in hunting applications?
I much prefer the bare 209 to the FPJ while hunting.

I also need to clarify that a bit.... I prefer the RED FPJ bolt with a Lehigh Primer Adapter installed to shoot bare 209's. With the adapter installed - open the bolt - drop the primer in the open port - close the bolt and shoot! then open the bolt tip the rifle to the right and spent primer falls out. I also prefer the Lehigh bare primer Breech Plug.

Picture shows the primer adapter installed on the face of the FPJ bolt, with the primer port empty and ready to receive a primer.

IMG-0002.jpg

This pic shows a primer dropped into the primer port and the bolt is ready to be moved forward and closed.

IMG-1221.jpg

This is the bolt, primer adapter and primer with the bolt closed.

IMG-0001.jpg

If your breech plug has right fit or been shimmed to fit your primer - this what a spent primer should look like. And the breech will be this clean also.

Spent-Primers.jpg

Ive used the Lehigh adapter with a Bestill plug in a DISC rifle. Works fine as is but if the 500 is based on the longer plug like the Mountaineer then you might need to removed about .060" off the plug side of the adapter. It might hit the nut on the breech plug. It did on my Lehigh Mountaineer plug.

Latest posts

Back