Knight 500

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwm

Reaction score
I was looking on knights web site,I noticed the 500 was on sale for 940.00. just putting it out here if anyone was thinking of buying one, thats a huge savings.

Makes you wonder what is going on . Half price is pretty good and Knight dont usually have the best prices themselves. Something is up in my book with the 500 .😀
Maybe clearing them out so they can make the peregrine the big dog.
Either way good for those who been wanting one bad for those who bought one earlier 😁 and paid 2000

The Knight 500 is a very Specific Tool with it’s 1-18 Twist (Target/Bench), The Mountaineer and Ultra Lite 1:20 Twist .45s are where it’s at for the VAST Majority of Folks

That Said, I would LOVE to own a Knight 500, It would be a Much better Fit for me & what i enjoy doing than my Old Mountaineer was. If i had a Knight 500 I would be shooting it from Mountain Top to Mountain Top :D

Last edited:
The 500 is indeed specialized. Bull barrel and no ramrod plus a pretty beefy stock. Pretty obvious what its meant to do. Just like the old DE Target model was intended to be a match rifle. I guess if you wanted to shoot some really really long bullets it has an advantage over the Mountaineer but there have been tons of Friendship wins with the Mountaineer too.

Makes you wonder what is going on . Half price is pretty good and Knight dont usually have the best prices themselves. Something is up in my book with the 500 .😀
Maybe clearing them out so they can make the peregrine the big dog.
Either way good for those who been wanting one bad for those who bought one earlier 😁 and paid 2000
Thats what i was thinking, I would be upset if I paid the 2000

The sale price does not list all the "goodies" that came with the $2000 priced rifle. Such as the bipod, bullets, fitted hard case and 2 scope rails. Only says you get the range rod.

Just that SKB case has a MSRP of nearly $400 and the Harris swivel bipod is about $100.

Last edited:
The 500 is indeed specialized. Bull barrel and no ramrod plus a pretty beefy stock. Pretty obvious what its meant to do. Just like the old DE Target model was intended to be a match rifle. I guess if you wanted to shoot some really really long bullets it has an advantage over the Mountaineer but there have been tons of Friendship wins with the Mountaineer too.

I’m talking WAY beyond 500 Yards my Friend. Places the 1:20 Twists FEAR To Roam :)

Oh i get it. Once you start talking about bullets about 1.4" long that 1-18 has a clear advantage. That is gunna be over 530gr pretty much in conicals. The stock/weight will really help with shooting them thumpers too.

One in nitride shipped to me was $1103 with the fed tax. Had to check just for grins. Someone should call/email them to see if you only get the rifle and ramrod. I kinda want one of the rails ive seen for another rifle. Depending on price and material.

The Knight 500 is a very Specific Tool with it’s 1-18 Twist (Target/Bench), The Mountaineer and Ultra Lite 1:20 Twist .45s are where it’s at for the VAST Majority of Folks

That Said, I would LOVE to own a Knight 500, It would be a Much better Fit for me & what i enjoy doing than my Old Mountaineer was. If i had a Knight 500 I would be shooting it from Mountain Top to Mountain Top :D
We dang sure know that

Back