Knight 85

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bp45cal

Reaction score
I got one a while back wondering what it's worth??I would say it's in the 90 to 95 of new no rust and or pitting at all.
It's a forest green laminate stock{love the color}SS with some extra nipples and breech plugs {both plugs are diffferent}bp wrench and weaver bases no scope.
Question about the breech plugs one has a brass insert that extends below the bp about a 1/4 inch and goes all the way up into the bp till it seats on the nipple at least i think it does {nipple threads are larger on this plug}all nipples are number 11 tho.The other plug is a {i think normal}slotted plug.{ actually both are sloted plugs}it also has a timney trigger is that stock??
opps double post

That is the magnum sure fire breech plug. The idea is that the brass mates with the barrel. I think they are great guns, prices are all over the place. Lots of them were manufactured.

makes sense the nipples all have the holes where the cap sits.Yes i like it and it feels nice when you throw it up to shoulder haven't shot it and i don't think i will have a guy that is looking for a 85 and a White may sell 2 for cash flow
Thanks Art

Like what was said, prices are kind of all over the place. The most I've spent on a MK85 was $280 and that was a NIB .54 Knighthawk that I really wanted. Timney triggers where stock on a lot of MK's. Some had a knock off but looked liked the Timney still good triggers though. Sounds like you have a nice rifle .

I paid about $360 for my nib 45 but they are quite rare. I have also acquired some nice used rifles for a little over $100.

now convert to a loonie that's like $350 not many guys up here shoot bp

lol what is the difference between the 85 and a 85 hunter?

Last edited:
My cousin gifted me a Knight MK85 in .50 cal. with a black synthetic stock and a 209 breech plug. I did a little looking and an original MK85 was in the top ten most collectable rifles you could own. It's the rifle considered by many to be the gun design that blurred the line between "production" muzzleloaders and modern guns. As far as value? They did make alot of these guns and they're extremely robust so they're not likely to be rare anytime soon. The original hardwood stocks seem to be worth a bit more. I'm going to set mine up for distance shooting. Scope, bipod and cheek pad. All stuff that's undoable.KIMG1660.JPG

Latest posts

Back