Knight Bloodline 220 Grain

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone here shot the Knight Bloodline 220 grain bullet target shooting or hunting? I am curious to hear your opinions on them, whatever they are, to include your rifle used, load data, and game harvested while using them.

I am assuming Lehigh makes them, but I am not personally interested in shooting the copper version sold by Lehigh.

Thank you!

phenix78_99 said:
Has anyone here shot the Knight Bloodline 220 grain bullet target shooting or hunting? I am curious to hear your opinions on them, whatever they are, to include your rifle used, load data, and game harvested while using them.

I am assuming Lehigh makes them, but I am not personally interested in shooting the copper version sold by Lehigh.

Thank you!

I personally have not used the 458x220 Bloodline for hunting, I have shot it in a range session and it shot well. I do know they are several people using it for deer hunting mostly because of less recoil.

sabotloader said:
phenix78_99 said:

Thank you!

I personally have not used the 458x220 Bloodline for hunting, I have shot it in a range session and it shot well. I do know they are several people using it for deer hunting mostly because of less recoil.

I very much appreciate you taking the time to reply...I know you and I are die hard Bloodline fans :prayer: . Anyway, I remember reading a thread here in which Grouse communicated that the designer of the bullet said the lighter the Bloodline bullet, the better the terminal performance given the same powder charge. I assume this is because the brass Bloodline causes increased trauma the higher the velocity it is traveling when it hits the target, due to its fragmenting design.

I have been using the .451 250 grain in front of 100 grains of BH 209 on whitetail, with a zero percent failure rate (and no more than 20 yards of tracking or so), but the 220 grain Bloodline is .458, and I have found the closer the bullet is to the bore's diameter, the better the accuracy. Previously, the 220 grains were too tight to even get down the bore of my CVA Accura V2; however, Harvester just released some crush ribs for .458 bullets (https://www.harvestermuzzleloading....-crushed-rib-sabot-for-458-bullet-pack-qty-50), which I have bought, put on the 220 grain Bloodline in place of the Knight supplied sabots (MMP for .458), and it is a great fit in my rifle. However, I have not shot it yet, but will do so after this deer season is over.

Your thoughts?

Back