Knight Cleaning Patches...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LFM

Reaction score
Can anyone advise why the Knight Brand Cleaning Patches are no longer white but a redish color?

Over the years I have used these to clean my old Traditions Muzzleloader and they were white in color. Since I was placing an order with Midway USA, I thought I would get stocked up on some cleaning items for my new Muzzleloader and since it is a Knight Rifle thought that buying Knight Brand cleaning items would be a good way to go. I got two containers of 100 Cleaning Patches, two Bore Brushes and 300 pack of Cotton Cleaning Patches.

I am just wondering why they changed the color of the cleaning patches with solvent to a dark color since you want to know when you put a patch through it if it is clean or still have some residue. With a White one you can se it easily while the dark ones might be harder to see.

Anyone else notice this. Any idea why???

Also ordered the Weaver S45 Steel Bases, my reason for placing the order was to get these...

Any suggestions on what would make a good range box. Am using a tackle box but most of the items in it make it top heavy and tips easily. Look at what Midway USA has and nothing really seem to be large enough or worth the costs for a good container for having cleaning equipment stored and being mobile...

Thanks,
Mike/LFM

Latest posts

Back