Knight disc XT in .52 cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hornsbyja

Reaction score
Looking at a new Knight disc and saw the 52 cal. Anyone have any experience or opinions about this gun?

are 52 cal bullets hard to find? I assume that's what it shoots???

saw something about it shoots loose powder only - no pellets - is this right?

I'm not new to ML but a lot has changed since I retired my old sidelock.
Looking to get back into it and appreciate any help.

Bullets are not hard to find around here but can be in other places. Online ordering would almost be a must to keep a good supply on hand. I considered a Knight Long Range Hunter in .52 then came across a better deal so I didn't buy it. Loose powder is the only thing you can use, nobody makes pellets in .52.

My advise is to skip the 52cal. That is one odd duck that never got off the ground. A HUGE black eye to Knight.

However, Knight has the New KP1, and the KRB7. Thompson has the New Triumph, and the popular Omega.

I'm a die hard 45cal shooter, but IMO you would probably be better off buying a 50cal, and better yet in Stainless Steel :wink:

I found a few places online to get bullets - saboted and conicals - they are a bit pricey unless bought in larger quantities.

I found a ss/camo in the 52 cal for $100 less than a 50 cal.

Probably makes sense to stay with the 50 .... extra ammo costs would likely eat up that $100 savings

Thanks for the input!

Back