Knight KP1 breech plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoytFlinger

Reaction score
Does anyone make or modify plugs that will shoot BH209 in a KP1? I have an email in to Metrics Unlimited to see if they make one.

HoytFlinger,

Welcome to the forum. As to you question, not at the moment. With the KRB, most of us beleive that there is more to it than just the breech plug. Check out the other KRB thread near this one, "KRB Powder Questions".

The KP1 and KRB may use a similar NFPJ breach plug but the actions are quite a bit different. The KP1 will probably be easier to get better BH209 performance with just a breach plug mod.

HoytFlinger said:
Does anyone make or modify plugs that will shoot BH209 in a KP1? I have an email in to Metrics Unlimited to see if they make one.
have you tried bh209 yet ?
does your gun have blowback around the primer?i believe your breechplug is the same that fits the vision or shadow.
you could call knight and see if you could purchase a flat face BP that they sold with the vision.or you can probably just use busta's O-ring trick in the primer pocket to seal your breach and you'll be good for 8-10 shots before you clean out the flash channel with an 1/8" drill bit(by hand)
a firm fitting sabot compressed well on the charge helps too...karl

OOPPS!!! HoytFlinger, Sorry, I miss read that one. The KRB and KP1 are different by quite a bit. There is a plug that will work with BH 209 in the KP1. Spitpatch may chime in here. I got some notes from him but can't find them at the moment. There is a plug for the Vision that is concaved instead of domed and also does not have the Magnets in the primer pocket, I seem to remember it was actually the original plug for the KP1 but was changed during production at some point. Spit said it works great in the Vision and the KP1 with BH209. Do a search on here and look for KP1 articals with the Authors name as SpitPatch. I'll keep looking for the info he gave me. I was looking at one but it was bought out from under me.

HoytFlinger,

Here is the Thread, I looked it up.
http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB ... hlight=kp1

That is my report...
Mine will shoot many, many, times absolutely clean.
Get at plug from Knight. Last I knew they had several thousand of the original plug.
It will make your KP1 a shooter and an absolute dream to clean.

Merry Christmas all!!

Well Gordy's email address no longer works. Came back mailbox unavailable. Looks like I will be calling Knight tomorrow.

The part number for the original flat faced KP1 plug is 000613. They will be in the product line for 2011 and are available now.

Bumping TTT with an update....

Knight DOES NOT not have #000613 in stock. I have a call in today to Pradco via voicemail (12/10/2012 1-256-260-8950) to see if they have any on hand.

There will not be any more made per the new Knight company representative I spoke with.

KP1

Knight DOES have #M900046 in stock. I am confident it has a magnet and is domed. One of these came with the KP1 I just purchased along with a FPJ plug which has a concave face. The magnetized NFPJ plug gives more blowback than I like.

Doing all I can to round up a couple of #000613 plugs. Anyone with extras they will part with can PM me. No response from Pradco yet. Will update.

KP1

I bought the last #M900046 Knight breech plug Midway had in stock. It just came in today's USPS. IT IS flat faced with no magnet! I see Knight has these breech plugs #M900046 in stock.

All is good! :D

Re: KP1

WTM45 said:
Knight DOES have #M900046 in stock. I am confident it has a magnet and is domed. One of these came with the KP1 I just purchased along with a FPJ plug which has a concave face. The magnetized NFPJ plug gives more blowback than I like.

Doing all I can to round up a couple of #000613 plugs. Anyone with extras they will part with can PM me. No response from Pradco yet. Will update.

They do not have a magnet and they are not domed.

Re: KP1

HoytFlinger said:
WTM45 said:

They do not have a magnet and they are not domed.

I am VERY happy to have been proven wrong in my assumption!
:D

As an update.... the KP1 is still rolling along with BH209.
Never a problem with the #M900046 plugs!

Back