NEF replacement breech plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbuff

Reaction score
Anyone know of anyone making replacement breech plugs for the NEF muzzleloader . I have some Metrics unlimited plugs and wanted another but they are no longer making them .

I know Cecil is making them but he hosed Busta and I on helping him make them . I'd rather not get his out of spite.

Metrics plug works great I was just looking for another spare.

Looking for a new breech plug for my NEF huntsman as well. 7/8". Let me know if you find them please

I bought 1 from Cecil last year. I haven't used it very much but it seems to work just fine. Before I got 1 from Cecil I was using the MU plug but for some reason the primers started swelling and sticking after firing.

Did you replace the o ring ?
Yes, I would change the o-ring when it needed it. It doesn't matter if it has a new o-ring or not the primers still swell and stick. What is interesting, even though I can't pull them right out they seem to turn relatively easy in the primer pocket after firing a load. If I remember correctly they don't stick if I just fire a primer only. When I first got the MU plug I never had any problems with primers sticking, so not sure what has happened. Unless the flash hole is eroded to much (seems like I read something about that, and that it might cause too much back pressure).

What primer are you using ? I've yet to experience that in mine. You could try to polish the primer pocket some

What primer are you using ? I've yet to experience that in mine. You could try to polish the primer pocket some
Have been using W209 and CCI 209. I did try to polish the primer pocket a little, might try again. As of now I am not overly concerned since I bought the breechplug from Cecil.

I got one from Cecil. Plug fit the gun just fine but I had to ream out and bore the hole deeper to fit a 209 primer.

You should have sent back to Cecil you shouldn't have to do anything .

Back