Knight MHC

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dougs136Schwartz

Reaction score
I would like to know what does the MHC stand for ? I did a search and came across a post that Busta made . Sounds like Busta was one of the first guys to test Blackhorn 209 in Michigan out of a Knight rifle . ( I think a Knight MHC)Shot some pretty darn good groups with a Knight and Blackhorn 209. Very imppressive even with boat tailed Barnes bullets . Nice shooting Busta.

Master
Hunter
Cryogenic (2003-2006)?

Most or all Master Hunter (Extremes) also came with 2 stocks. Both TH but one laminate and one composite. They also had stainless or silver hardware such as the secondary safety. Standard Extremes were blued/black secondary. Bolts were also jeweled and barrels fluted. Fully adjustable triggers.
http://images.ebsco.com/pob/knightrifle ... g-ver2.pdf

Later there were some Extremes sold using MH or MHC barrels. I believe those still had the MHC in front of the serial number but none of the other MH features. They made a couple hundred(ish) that way.

As far as i know the 2007 catalog did not have the MH series listed. The LRH was new for 2006 so it appears that it replaced the MHC. I think its was around late 2007 to 2008 that Knight found some unused MHC barrels and used them in standard Extremes.

There was Master Hunter, then Master Hunter II (also a cryo barrel) and then Master Hunter Cryogenic if i remember correctly. Then a few Extremes made with MHC barrels. Im pretty sure the MH II and MHC both had the 2 TH stock set.

Hello Doug, just for the record I paid 500 for mine a couple years ago with no scope and only the laminated stock, it is a fantastic rifle so I am good with that number, merry Xmas

I don't personally know but it don't seem too far off for what you would get.

Thank you guys . I am a Knight fan . Well i am a muzzleloader nut ! Athough i love my current Knights . I really like those older Knights especially when Knight was building and assembling most of the components.(MKs and such) Would this rifle be in that time frame ?

I think a MHII is a DISC and NOT a DISC Extreme. SO more than likely Tony was still pretty involved with Knight at the time that one was made.
pix679776509.jpg

Pretty sure it does, I love my long range hunter stock for blind hunting, but the stock on the master hunter is really nice , it has a slimmer fit and is really comfortable. Pretty sure you would like it

GM54-120 said:
I think a MHII is a DISC and NOT a DISC Extreme. SO more than likely Tony was still pretty involved with Knight at the time that one was made.
pix679776509.jpg
GM54-120 I think were right , My MHII came with both stocks an had the orange Disc bolt assembly and no quick release for the barrel assembly .

Latest posts

Back