Knight MK .45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I plan on doing that in the next couple days. I’m interested to see what it measures.

You should slug the bore, and see what the land to land and groove dimensions are.
I came up with .455 for the lands and .450 for the grooves.

I came up with .454,.454.5 a couple times, but with better light I was getting .455 more consistently. The groove measurement was always .450

Last edited:
I came up with .455 for the lands and .450 for the grooves.

Sounds like your slug is not big enough?

The barrel lands would be the .450 value, which would be the grooves in the slug. The high spots in the slug would be the groove dimensions.

The groove to groove diameter should be in the .459ish diameter ballpark, if the land diameter is .450ish. That would be 0.0045" per each groove depth. A .450 - .455 would only be 0.0025 per groove depth.

A White . 451" on the lands is 458" groove diameter. 0.0035" per groove depth. Never seen any shallower than a White.

I used a .50 round ball, looking back I probably wasn’t measuring in the right spot. Too close to the front of the ball. I’ll give it a go tomorrow and if I need to I’ll use a .54 ball.

I was able get out and shoot the gun this afternoon, and i’m Pretty happy with it so far. I loaded it with 80g of pyro P and 200gr Dead Centers the previous owner gave me. At 40 Yrds I had all three holes touching, and at 100 I had a 2” four shot group. All off of the hood of my truck.

The trigger on this gun has a huge amount of creep and a pretty heavy pull. The trigger has the single screw on the front. After cleaning the gun this evening I took a trigger from another mk 85 .50 I have that has an amazing trigger but a bad bore and swapped them. This trigger has the two screws on the front and the crescent safety lever. Nether trigger is stamped Timney.

As far as I know mk triggers are interchangeable? I thumped the gun on the ground pretty good about a half dozen times and it never fired.

I’ll have to clean up and figure out how to adjust the single screw trigger.

Most of them are interchangeable in the MK series and even into the LK's. My MK 85 and all my MK 95s take the same one as well as the LK I have. Knight had a knock off made that resembled the Timney. I think some of them were Stamped "Knight". It was a good trigger too but not as adjustable. My Ridge Runner shares that same 2 screw trigger too. I broke the safety lever and used a Timney out of my spare MK95.

Latest posts

Back