Knight muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LarryBud said:
Might I suggest bedding from the rear tang to about 3" in front of the lug. I've done this to one Elite and one Extreme. Both are wonderful shooters.
I also had one of my .45 Elites (Synthetic)bedded this year to the front of the recoil lug pocket for action support/immobility and left the front free floated.
It's groups dropped dramatically and is now the most accurate gun I own with consistent groups of 1.3"@200yds off bags in calm wind.
The gun not only shoots great at long range, it' also points and swings responsively with it's tapered barrel. In fact this year I shot a deer after it walked in down wind of me at 50yds withpout me seeing it until it turned and ran from me full bore leaving me with only a view of a tail, neck and head . The gun followed my instinct and put the 200SST into the back of its neck and the deer fell right there. 75 yds, Bullet xploded in the neck/spine without an exit. Couldn't have made that shot with less accuracy or pointability, so IMHO this is probably the best "balanced" MZ ever produced.

I had 2 of these and sold one of them this year and second guess myself selling it, as they are not exactly easily come by....

WOW,I definitely got what I was asking for,Thanks guys,I think I'll stick to what I have now.The .45 cal sounds interseting with a 1-20 twist

jerseyjimk said:
WOW,I definitely got what I was asking for,Thanks guys,I think I'll stick to what I have now.The .45 cal sounds interseting with a 1-20 twist
You better jump on the new 45cal 1-20 mountaineers.

Back