Knight rifles

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayles

Reaction score
Can some one tell me about the Knight disc magnum, It has a 26 in. barrel. Does it shoot about like the Disc and the disc extream. I'm aT/C shooter and I am doing some shopping. Are they all three shooters? Is one better than the others? I hear and see the good results of the Knight owners but I want to be sure and buy the right one. Your opinions on the Knights are appreciated in advance
Wayles

I forgot to ask can all three of these guns be converted to stright 209 primers and at what cost approx.
Wayles

Wayles, If you're talking about the original Disc with the orange carrier yes they can be converted for around $80. All Knight rifles have good GM barrels and good triggers... so most of the time they are nice shooters.

By the way, I would buy the Disc extreme SS/ black comp. for around $350. That way you could shoot any powder you wanted including BH209.

wayles,

I wouldn't bother with the Knight D.I.S.C Magnum if it is the old rifle that uses the old orange primer carriers if you want to shoot the bare 209 primers. The reason being, you will need to buy the Disc Extreme conversion at $80+ AND the Non FPJ 209 Conversion at $25+. That will add $105+ to what ever the rifle costs. I would do like flint head says and buy the SS Disc Extreme, it already has the the Extreme bolt and all you would need is the $25+ Non-FPJ 209 conversion to shoot the bare 209 primers.

Besides, the Disc Extreme stock fits me to a tee, I can't imagine a better fitting stock for ME. Mine shoots like a laser with BH209, 250 gr Knight PBT/Barnes TMZ, and Win 209 primers in the Non-FPJ conversion.

I totally agree with Busta and lung those Extremes are the way to go. Mine is a tack driver with either 777fffg or pyro p and 300grn xtp's with a crush rib.

Question guys: With the Disc Extreme, will you get less blowback using the domed NFPJ breechplug, with bolt insert as compared to the standard FPJ plug?

I guess I'm a lucky one I don't have the Crud ring or Blowback probblem with any of my Extremes as most say that they do, I get a small amount of blow back with the standare plug and got practiclly O when I changed out to the Dommed Plug .

Ron

Bill said:
Question guys: With the Disc Extreme, will you get less blowback using the domed NFPJ breechplug, with bolt insert as compared to the standard FPJ plug?

For me practically zero blowback with the NON-FPJ breechplug...

Latest posts

Back