Knight scope rail ???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Upper Hand

Reaction score
If Knights use the Remington 541 bases will a 541 rail work or is the spacing between the bolt pairs different? Thanks in advance.

Thanks. I've got an EGW ordered but it didn't come in with my scope and rings and is on back order. I had someone tell me it wouldn't work on a mountaineer anyway so if that is the case I wanted to get something else in route. What don't you like about EGW? Never dealt with them before, I ordered it cause I wanted the extra 20 MOA.

I prefer the cross cuts to be fully supported like the Murphy or any true picatinny rail. Its much stronger.

BTW the info about that EGW came from someone that has used them on 3 Knights including a Knight Ultra Lite. Look at the center spread spacing in the link and compare it to yours. http://dougsmessageboards.proboards.com ... -picatinny

EGW Specs
Center Spread: 3.708"

Murphy specs
Hole Spacing (From Rear):
1st to 2nd: 0.505"
1st to 3rd: 4.205"
1st to 4th: 4.719"

Here is a custom one i have. Its taller than Warnes steel bases so i can probably use low rings with a 40 objective. I still need to try it to make sure.
Base1_zpsxcktcvfy.jpg

Base2_zps1fztybz6.jpg

I used redfield style bases on both of my knights with offset rings reversed. Two pieces and doesnt interfer with loading the primer.

Okay it is a silly question but I have to ask. Since this rail is a picatinney, what rings will fit? Would it be standard "weaver" style or are the dimensions different?

Also can you recommend a good brand of rings? I am updating the scope and mounts on my UL.

Not all milspec picatinny rings will fit all Weaver type bases. The cross bar in the base of the ring is thicker. Weaver type rings should fit a milspec picatinny rail. The cross bar just wont fill the slot. I think the spacing between the slots is also different for milspec and Weaver.

Warnes or Leupold QRW/PRW steel bases and rings are pretty good for the money. Im pretty sure Warnes makes the QRW/PRW bases for Leupold. They look identical. I use the standard Warnes steel rings. The Warnes QR rings get kinda pricey.

Dutch...

I'm putting Warne Bases and Weaver Grand Slam Top Mount Rings on one of my Disc. Both are steel and high quality. I just like the way the weaver rings look better than the Warne.

I have Weaver Bases and Millet Rings on another, works just fine. I would say if you plan to use heavier loads, get steel rings and bases to be safe.

I know alot of folks also like the standard style Leupold Rings/Bases... plenty of options on the Disc style rifles.

Well I had a look at the suggested brands of rings. I think I like the Warnes. They look like a good strong design. I am going to order the rail mentioned above to go with the Warne ring set.

I forgot to mention that my wife ordered my Christmas present last night. It is a Sightron SIi Big Sky 3x9x42 scope. That zoom range was recently dropped so I found it on amazone for a nice price. I think my Ultra Lite is going to be "well dressed" and ready for the range in a week or two.

Just an update to this post. The EGW rail did not fit my Mountaineer, as I feared the spacing between the to bolt pairs was wrong. Luckily Garry at Knight was able to get me a 20 MOA rail that has the correct spacing. I'll try to get some pictures up if I can remember how to use photobucket, it's a pretty nice piece.

Latest posts

Back