Knight TK2000 Shotgun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

Reaction score
Does anyone have one? I really like the way they look. Small game hunting with a muzzleloader is a lot of fun. I suppose you could shoot roundballs out of them too.

They are a great tool. A real turkey killing machine using a 2 oz load of hevishot. IC and M choke tubes with lighter loads make it a good small game gun. Not the best for wing shooting but could work in a pinch. Use the IC choke if you are going to shot RB?s or slugs. The barrel is a modern adaptation of the ?jug? choke so loading a patched round ball is a problem. I have used both a .678 RB in a AA trap wad and also a Lyman sabot slug cast from pure lead to kill a few dear.

I own one and they are a great shotgun. They have a lot more range then even the modern shotguns for turkey and such IMO. I load 110 grains of American Pioneer Powder then a 3-1/4 inch stiff wad, a match of #5 shot from a second wad, and then an over the shot card. I was rolling soup cans at 45 yards like there was nothing to it. At that range I could hit with as many as nine pellets in that can at that distance.

As for shooting roundball, I would not do it. Maybe like described, with a smaller ball in a wad, but I would not patch one. I have some smoothbore guns for that.

I also own one and agree with all of the prior posts. If you are serious about wanting to small game hunt with it look into the White Tominator. Redpep was selling a Ray Eye edition not too long ago on one of the forums. It is much lighter then the TK2000 and the ribbed barrel is just like shooting a standard shotgun. I love to chase rabbits in the snow with mine!

Latest posts

Back