• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED/ISO Knight trigger assembly

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am building a Knight 45 cal 1;20 twist mountaineer muzzleloader.I have most of the things I need.I am lookingfor the trigger assembly that will the rifle.Took awhile but it is finally coming together.Trying to get it shooting for this years upcoming deer season here in Indiana.Thanks.

Knight has them but you my pay 200 to 300 for it. I payed 89 to 99 for some 10 years ago for three screw trigger 99 was a gold trigger.

I could not even find them on knights parts list.Saw a lot on other places but gave no listing as to what they fit.

This picture is an attempt to show the difference in Knight Triggers.

MK-LK-Wolv-Bhorn-DISC-Trigger.jpg

All percussion (pull back bolt/hammer) use the trigger on the left with the taller sear.

All Knight bolt guns use the trigger on the right with the shorter sear. + there are what I call two screw triggers and 3 screw triggers - or target triggers.

The trigger on the right (bolt trigger is a 2 screw trigger. I you look closely at the bottom front you only see one adjusting screw and lock nut.

In this picture the 3 screw bolt trigger is shown on the left - 2 adjusting screws on the bottom front of the trigger.

Knight-Triggers.jpg

This is the TRUE Timney trigger offered with the new Knights

Timney_Target_Trigger.jpg

Last edited:
The current search listed is all triggers for Knight Plunger in-lines.

But - there has been one correct bolt trigger on there in the last month, think it sold about a week ago.

MIdwest GW and Numrich (Gun Parts) have them from time to time, but they are expensive.

You might ask "longbowsteve" - on here, he's been a good source of parts, and great to deal with.

Things keep getting hard to find then I might sale all my knight parts and buy a good used mountaineer or buy a complete new one.But I have a few monmths before I throw in the towel.

Try to find an old disc or disc extreme or any other bolt gun for sale. There should be tons around from guys that sold them because they were too lazy to clean them or just didn’t want to muzzleloader hunt anymore. Seems the case in lower Michigan anyway. I’ve been looking for one as well and even contacted timney and vehr to try to get a trigger but struck out. Keep hitting up gun stores and eBay and you’ll find one. That’s what I tell myself anyway, haha.

I have pretty much exhausted all means,as you have as well,but no luck.We have a sporting good swap meet here this Sat. where gun dealers are there as well.Will be taking a close look at all everyone has.

I know this is not the way you would like to go... but this is for sale for a decent price. Plus you could resale or trade the remains.

Sent you a PM

I might have one to sell. Let me look this morning. What is a fair price?

I am trying to get away from cva muzzleloaders.Being an old Marine,I love the full size stock on their guns and prefer the heavier gun any way.Besides,they shoot really good also.

Back