Knight Ultra-Lite ??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevie

Reaction score
Hi All

Couple of questions, some input has been provided on another thread. I won an auction on an Ultra-Lite 45cal.

Did the Ultra-lite ever come with a Laminated stock? This one did.
Does someone make a lightweight stock to replace the laminated if I want to reduce weight? Contact Knight?
Currently its set up for musket caps. If I want to convert to 209 do I just order a conversion kit or is there a better solution?

Thanks
Steve

Last edited:
Hi All

Couple of questions, some input has been provided on another thread. I won an auction on an Ultra-Lite 45cal.

Did the Ultra-lite ever come with a Laminated stock? This one did.

Normally the Ulite comes with a lightweight Kevlar stock with a bedding block embedded in the stock. But many different Knight stocks will work with the Ultra Light barreled action. It would be my guess that some removed the factor stock and sub in a regular Knight Lam stock. OR they ordered a 45 cal. barreled action and installed that in the less expensive lam stock.

All of this would/could also explain the reason that you were able to purchase it for the price that you paid for the rifle.

Does someone make a lightweight stock to replace the laminated if I want to reduce weight? Contact Knight?

Knight might sell you a Kevlar stock although they are really expensive.

Currently its set up for musket caps. If I want to convert to 209 do I just order a conversion kit or is there a better solution?

Thanks
Steve

Yes you will need a complete conversion kit (bolt body and Breech plug) - especially if the current bolt is a Western Style bolt. This conversion is available at different on line sellers for a much less price than buying the kit from Knight.

Thanks, sabotloader for answering my questions. I asked the seller about the stock, its a mountaineer stock.

I've seen folks that said they have purchased a UL stock directly from Knight, but I know they don't advertise it being for sale. If you wanted the rifle to truly be ultra-light (weight) that would be the way to do it. I don't know what your rifle weighs now (or if it makes any difference to you) but the UL factory rifle complete weigh 6lbs. Finding a factory UL stock on the open market is probably non-existent. Good luck with your rifle!

Ask Knight on Facebook. Just send them a message. Sometimes it takes a few days to get a response. Boyds offers a Featherweight TH but i doubt its all that light. About 2.3lbs is what im seeing.

There was a Knight ultra lite on vaguntrader couple weeks ago. .50 cal. kevlar stock, bare primer breechplug, eleven shots. He went down to $500 trying to sell it. If it was a .45 cal. 1-20twist I would have had my first Knight. Last I saw it was sold pending payment...

Last edited:
Thanks all for the help. Sent an email to Knight on the stock. Will weigh the rifle when i get it and determine if its worth the cost of replacement stock if available. Moutaineer stocks are available on their website, big bucks for those.

Thanks all for the help. Sent an email to Knight on the stock. Will weigh the rifle when i get it and determine if its worth the cost of replacement stock if available. Moutaineer stocks are available on their website, big bucks for those.
Let us know what they want for the UL stocknow, if you can get one.

I talked to Justin about a year ago, explained to him that I had purchased a 45 1-20 mountaineer barrel and was wanting to purchase an ultralight stock. He told me it wouldn’t fit. That ended the conversation. At that time the price was $375 I think ?

I talked to Justin about a year ago, explained to him that I had purchased a 45 1-20 mountaineer barrel and was wanting to purchase an ultralight stock. He told me it wouldn’t fit. That ended the conversation. At that time the price was $375 I think ?
That’s because the Mtnr barrel contour is a slightly larger in diameter than the UL.

I put a mountaineer in an ultra lite stock, fit fine.I reached out to knight this week about the peregrine stock, not selling them at this time

It may not be a direct fit but it can definitely be made to fit.

Latest posts

Back