Ultra-lite is a killer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omidv

Reaction score
I was able to punch an antlerless tag on a big Michigan doe tonight. I was using my new Knight Ultra-lite 45cal. My load was a 195gr redhot and 90gbv of blackhorn 209. I decided to hunt in the timber tonight, yesterday I hunted the field edge and only seen small 1.5 year old does and fawns, I figured the big mature does must be hanging inside the timber until after dark. This paid off for me because I was able to get a really big doe with plenty of shooting light left.

Attachments

• B5159A13-B531-40DC-A70E-FC46399D8E43.jpeg
    B5159A13-B531-40DC-A70E-FC46399D8E43.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 0A630219-51D4-4F11-AA84-75D63994F260.jpeg
    0A630219-51D4-4F11-AA84-75D63994F260.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
  • 3636100F-A35A-4C11-BCD7-45BE633A859B.jpeg
    3636100F-A35A-4C11-BCD7-45BE633A859B.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
I was able to punch an antlerless tag on a big Michigan doe tonight. I was using my new Knight Ultra-lite 45cal. My load was a 195gr redhot and 90gbv of blackhorn 209. I decided to hunt in the timber tonight, yesterday I hunted the field edge and only seen small 1.5 year old does and fawns, I figured the big mature does must be hanging inside the timber until after dark. This paid off for me because I was able to get a really big doe with plenty of shooting light left.
Well done, congrats bro

Those 195 gr Barnes Expanders get the job done.
Wow, you’re not kidding. I broke the shoulder on entrance and exit side left a 3/4-1” hole just behind the off side shoulder. Absolutely destroyed the lungs, didn’t hit heart. Blood trail was short but I still had to walk it to see what it was like. Typical Barnes blood trail that you can follow with ease. I was very curious because I’ve never shot one with smaller than 45cal projectile. These 40’s get the job done just as good.

Great job and thanks for sharing! Can't believe the weather we're having but makes for comfortable hunting (especially from Condo!). Year end has me swallowed at work so living vicariously through your post! Enjoy that venison!!!!

Great job and thanks for sharing! Can't believe the weather we're having but makes for comfortable hunting (especially from Condo!). Year end has me swallowed at work so living vicariously through your post! Enjoy that venison!!!!
Thank you. It sure has been odd weather for sure. Last year we had below zero temps and snow on the ground. Deer were out feeding earlier and it felt more like muzzleloader season.

Congratulations on harvesting a huge doe!!!! That old girl is gonna make some fine eating!!!!
That deer blind is amazing!!!! I am jealous!!!

Congratulations on harvesting a huge doe!!!! That old girl is gonna make some fine eating!!!!
That deer blind is amazing!!!! I am jealous!!!
That blind is my buddies old blind. Funny story. he didn’t set in it last year, his brand new bride wouldn’t climb up in it so he built a brand new one on the field edge of that same wood lot. I asked if I could hunt it last year and he said yeah go ahead but please take a trash bag and get all the empty beer cans “farmer” so my wife doesn’t see them if she decides she will hunt it with me. I said deal. I was the only one to set in it last year. Shot a beautiful 8 point with my mountaineer. This year I was also the only one to hunt it that one time and took that huge doe. When I climbed down I couldn’t help but notice the steps are about 1 foot apart and there are 17 of them.

Attachments

• 36DB14DB-D7B3-4554-886B-F8501EF8A4BD.jpeg
    36DB14DB-D7B3-4554-886B-F8501EF8A4BD.jpeg
    307.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back