Knight Vision Freedom Sights

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggamehunter78

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question just looking for some confirmation if possible. I may snag one of these for the price and set up as a dedicated CO ML. Should be able to take that pic rail off the back and put a set of Williams precision western sights on it?

A fellow ML'er in Washington has already done that. The rail can be removed or you can install a NECG peep on the rail.

I’m positive it will shoot better than I will with the irons on it. Hopefully going bullet to bore with Fury or Thor. I’m excited. Likely get some good whitetail action before it gets pointed at an elk next September.

How tight is the hinge on these rifles, anyone who has one? Mine has a very small amount of movement. I didn’t take it apart yet to see how the mech works or if it can be tightened up any.

How tight is the hinge on these rifles, anyone who has one? Mine has a very small amount of movement. I didn’t take it apart yet to see how the mech works or if it can be tightened up any.
If no movement when the gun is locked up you should be fine. If it moves when locked up and you can't get any resemblance of a group I'd send it back.

When she’s shut I would expect it to be tight, but it’s not. After I worked the action a few times and got it loosened up I can feel that clunk and play in it, kind of surprised. I haven’t shot it yet - reached out to Knight to see what they say. The barrel separates from the receiver by (guessing) 0.005”-0.010”. Enough to feel it when you pull down/push up on the barrel.

Latest posts

Back