Knight Vision Freedom

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine delivered as well and I agree with everything you said except I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Cleaned it because it needed it though, not the trigger but the rest of it. Was your looking like it had been shot at all?

Okay here are some first impressions. (some of which are comparative to my CVA accura that is at least 3x the cost)

Keep in mind this is a 200$ gun (about 2-3 tanks of gas)

The plastic furniture isn't pretty BUT it's not hollow sounding and feels rock solid . No wiggle anywhere, no rattling no buzzing, rough around the edges.
Trigger is SO SO but it works
The lockup is rock solid
The parts are all machined (no MIM/cast junk) but they aren't finished to high end standards (some hard edges)
The barrel is nice! Looks better than my Accura. No chatter marks, nice reflections. The coating seems durable, very uniform and pleasing to the eye.
Cheddite primers seem to wedge in quite snug Federals have a little wiggle - CVA breach plugs are cut a little more generously. Very curious to see how they shoot.
The ram rod is about as high quality as a 5 dollar curtain rod from Walmart. (rolled thin aluminum)

So far first impressions are great! Great quality for 200 bucks, durable, looks like it'll be a good performer. I plan to use it with iron sights for a while.

Very apparent some knowledgeable people stripped away everything you don't necessarily "need" yet kept all the important stuff to make a low cost offering that still does the job.
I found it to be a great shooter.As I stated earlier 1 1/4 groups of a sand bag.Before the extended season a friend invited me to go sight in the MLs at his club.He had one of those led sled rests.At 50 yds. my first shot was 1 1/4 high over the bullseye.The second shot, there was no hole?He said let me try it.I loaded it and he took his shot.Thru my binos I could see that he had elongated the hole that was already there.On closer examination all three shots were there.{together}.He said ,try it at a 100 yds.there was a 3"x2" piece of paper on the 100 yd. fence.Loaded again and fired.He said, I think ya hit it.We went down to take a look.there was a hole dead center in that little paper.Hope yours shoots as good.did not have to spend big bucks to get a ML that shoots like that,and I am sure that a nice deer cares what the fit and finish looks like.

I got mine delivered as well and I agree with everything you said except I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Cleaned it because it needed it though, not the trigger but the rest of it. Was your looking like it had been shot at all?
Yeah my breach plug had soot on it like it was test fired.

Swabbed the barrel a bunch as well. Neither had much black in it but it had me wondering… I wonder if they either test with very little powder or blackhorn209?

Yeah my breach plug had soot on it like it was test fired.

Swabbed the barrel a bunch as well. Neither had much black in it but it had me wondering… I wonder if they either test with very little powder or blackhorn209?
I did the same.I wondered the same.If ya called Night they might be able to tell ya.they recommend specific load (with there products) to get the 200 yd accuracy they say its good for.

I found it to be a great shooter.As I stated earlier 1 1/4 groups of a sand bag.Before the extended season a friend invited me to go sight in the MLs at his club.He had one of those led sled rests.At 50 yds. my first shot was 1 1/4 high over the bullseye.The second shot, there was no hole?He said let me try it.I loaded it and he took his shot.Thru my binos I could see that he had elongated the hole that was already there.On closer examination all three shots were there.{together}.He said ,try it at a 100 yds.there was a 3"x2" piece of paper on the 100 yd. fence.Loaded again and fired.He said, I think ya hit it.We went down to take a look.there was a hole dead center in that little paper.Hope yours shoots as good.did not have to spend big bucks to get a ML that shoots like that,and I am sure that a nice deer cares what the fit and finish looks like.
What scope did you end up putting on your ML? I have a lot of scopes on CF guns but have yet to buy one for a ML.

Well I was supposed to receive mine Fri. the 17th was told it was out for delivery in ND I live in NC , Knight advised someone there fat fingered the wrong zip code . So now being shipped back to Knight then will be sent to me hopefully.

Well I was supposed to receive mine Fri. the 17th was told it was out for delivery in ND I live in NC , Knight advised someone there fat fingered the wrong zip code . So now being shipped back to Knight then will be sent to me hopefully.
that sucks.I hope they get it right this time.I ordered something on ebay last month and it was delivered to a hotel on long island,i live over 500 miles from there.I dont know how they can get wrong,your billing address is on what ever you use to pay for it.

I got mine one day later than expected because FedEx decided to come in the AM. They never come in the AM except when I have an eye appt and waiting to see something come in.

I have one I purchased last year.I am extremely pleased.I scoped it and went to the range.after a couple of adjustments on the scope I was shooting 1 1/4" groups @ 100 yds. off a sand bag rest.You can not get a better ML for that price.I am a big Night fan.I have an old wolverine 54 cal. that can do the same.In my vision freedom I am loading 100 gr. (by volume) T7 ffg,a Hornady bore driver FTX 290 gr. and I use a CCI 209 primer.The bore drivers load easy and are consistently accurate.
Are sabots mainly used in these Freedom Vision rifles or can conicals. Be used?

Congrats on the new gun. I'm thinking you'll be a happy camper. My Vision can keep up with any other gun I have.

Are sabots mainly used in these Freedom Vision rifles or can conicals. Be used?
Don't see any reason why you couldn't try conicals. I've always shot the saboted bullets because I can get the tight inch and a half groups. Give em a try and wouldn't be surprised if they shoot really good. I've had good luck with Thor's out of my Optima.

Don't see any reason why you couldn't try conicals. I've always shot the saboted bullets because I can get the tight inch and a half groups. Give em a try and wouldn't be surprised if they shoot really good. I've had good luck with Thor's out of my Optima.
Thanks

Looking close at the pictures it looks like the receiver is plastic and is part of the stock? If so this really knocks down the manufacturing steps and ultimately the cost. If they make up for that savings with a great barrel I think it’s a worthy compromise.
Never seen one in person but their website says no cast parts. So if the receiver is plastic I would assume it has a stamped steel skeleton.

So what do you folks think of your visions since you've had them for a bit ? Are yall happy with the accuracy ? The build quality for the very low price ? How does the accuracy (not build quality) compared to other MLs you shoot ? Would you buy it again ?

Happy with mine , Ive only fired about 10 rounds down range sighting in the scope. My only complaint would be its a little heavier then Id like but for stand shooting its no matter. Besides the weight eases recoil some though I gotta say the recoil pad makes shooting comfy. For the price I still feel its a good deal..

Latest posts

Back