Last 2 days of spring turkey season

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been up since 3:30 this morn.
Swilling down coffee to try & get my pickled head right this morn. Maybe I shouldn't have finished off my bottle of Woodfords Reserve bourbon last night. Some guys never learn. lol
But that's why there's high octane coffee right.
Anonymouscowherd is on the way here & hopefully we can both get bird #2 today. In the last 3 days I've only seen 5-7 hens & a cpl Jakes a day. Not a single gobbler seen nor heard.
Yesterday afternoon, while I was my shooting bench I did hear 1 gobble from the neighbors property, maybe we'll give hunting the other end of the property a try today.
Good luck to the other turkey hunters heading out this mornin.
GOBBLE GOBBLE MOFO'S

I have been up since 3:30 this morn.
Swilling down coffee to try & get my pickled head right this morn. Maybe I shouldn't have finished off my bottle of Woodfords Reserve bourbon last night. Some guys never learn. lol
But that's why there's high octane coffee right.
Anonymouscowherd is on the way here & hopefully we can both get bird #2 today. In the last 3 days I've only seen 5-7 hens & a cpl Jakes a day. Not a single gobbler seen nor heard.
Yesterday afternoon, while I was my shooting bench I did hear 1 gobble from the neighbors property, maybe we'll give hunting the other end of the property a try today.
Good luck to the other turkey hunters heading out this mornin.
GOBBLE GOBBLE MOFO'S

Well Niner you've got good taste in liquor. Be thankful for the birds you've got already. If it's meant to be you'll get your birds. But my money says only AC is getting one due to the less pickled head without high octane hand shakes. Lol 😆 just kidding. Go get em guys

Well Niner you've got good taste in liquor. Be thankful for the birds you've got already. If it's meant to be you'll get your birds. But my money says only AC is getting one due to the less pickled head without high octane hand shakes. Lol 😆 just kidding. Go get em guys
Lmao
Thanks brother.
We are headed out the door in 5 min.
I started out celebrating todays date at 5:30 so that will still the high octane hand shakes & my swimming head.
Annnnnd, we’re offff

And apparently the minor hangover didnt stop ol @Ninering62
@7:03am
There were clucks & gobbles a plenty from the roost, then at fly down the hens started popping out, then this guy. The once he committed to the field, I knew it was DEAD BIRD time.
Sorry there wasn’t two so we’ll have to wait for the fall season.
The TK2000 did not disappoint!
A BIIIIG THANK YOU to @gle3105 for his pre pkg’d TSS loads he sent me to try.
30yd FACE PLANT! It was beauuuutful. Thanks for the memories that we made brother. Can’t wait till fall to do it again. Now offfff to get you a bird too.

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_0739.jpeg
    IMG_0739.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1020.jpeg
    IMG_1020.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 1
TSS, They do work don't they!
Niner, I'm very happy with your success . Getting the bird with a muzzleloader shotgun is just darn fun !
I had a local ml hunter friend bought a TK from me this year. Coached him on loads. Sent me a bird pic first day WV 2024 spring season with his TK beside. He's hooked on ML turkey hunting now.

Myself, Sorry to say I missed one at 70 yds. opening day. And to justify the shot , I pattern mine at 6,12,20,30,40,50,60 & 75 yds. So I felt fine taking the shot. I just freakin missed.
Still time yet.
Again, Happy for ya.

Our season started this week. I hunted two mornings and one afternoon. Didn't hear any gobbling or see any birds.
The turkey population here in southeast Oklahoma is pretty dismal last couple years. I don't think I'll be going out again this season or not yet.

Our season started this week. I hunted two mornings and one afternoon. Didn't hear any gobbling or see any birds.
The turkey population here in southeast Oklahoma is pretty dismal last couple years. I don't think I'll be going out again this season or not yet.
It appears what you’re experiencing is a widespread problem, because I don’t know anyone in Oklahoma that having good luck this year. Some people are blaming it on the ODWC for moving the season back a week.

It appears what you’re experiencing is a widespread problem, because I don’t know anyone in Oklahoma that having good luck this year. Some people are blaming it on the ODWC for moving the season back a week.
I believe there are many reasons. Predation, weather, deasese. Over hunting. Who's to say what the answer might be and how to turn things around.

I believe there are many reasons. Predation, weather, deasese. Over hunting. Who's to say what the answer might be and how to turn things around.

Turkey are finicky things. The previous hunters on our deer property said they never saw Turkey but seen a million quail. Now no quail and good amount of Turkey. We dispatch yote's on sight now as before they didn't. But now we also have bobcats coming in heavy. Never see them but on camera. So who knows what next season will be.

Latest posts

Back