lighter 777 powder loads?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelhead

Reaction score
does anyone find they get better accuracy out of their gun using loads under 100grs of t7 loose?

I get great accuracy from 80gr to 115gr out of my Omega with 777

90 grains T-7,285 Barnes BT. 2" high at 50 - 2" high at 100. Pro Hunter small rifle primer. Nice group,low recoil.

90 gr T7 ffg, .430 240 gr xtp, green crush rib sabot, win 209 primer
90 gr T7 ffg, .452 300 gr xtp, mmp 3 petal ez sabot, win 209 primer

i shot this 3-shot group at 50 yds w/ my knight mk-85, 4x nikon scope, 80 g. by volume 2F 777, 250 g. xtp, and black mmp sabots.

mk85-1.jpg

i PROMISE that shot to the bottom right was a different group ... :wink: :wink:

My pet load is a Triple 7 209 primer and 90 grains of 3F Triple Seven and a Knight 290 grain Ultra Slam (Barnes) bullet.

It's nice to get ideas about loads from others but remember, your rifle is probably slightly different. Your best bet is to try them for yourself and see exactly what your rifle likes. Probably close to someone elses but likely not exactly the same. Good luck.

thanks guys,another guy told me to drop down to around 85-90 grs of t7 and i would get a lot better accuracy with a wider variety of bullets and still have plenty of knockdown power out to 150 yards+.

oh my gun is a winchester apex .50.....if any one out there shoots one i know cva has a gun that is near the same forgot the name of it.

Latest posts

Back